close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Florida man shot in face for honking "reality game"

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 9mmXRAY, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Ok this happened on the 20th of Feb 2010 in Orlando,FL but I been thinking about reading some debating about it. "ALERT: I was born and raised in Chicago for 24years...Florida IMO or Orlando is not a dangerous place to live and work but... every year CCW holders have justified kills its just not widely reported by the news and sometimes a pistol trainer shoots himself or another in the foot.. lol sorry" - Ron

A man driving on Lee Road in Orlando was shot this morning after he honked his horn at a nearby vehicle, sheriff's deputies said today.
    Charles Chambliss sounded his vehicle's horn at two men in a black or green Nissan Maxima near Adanson Street about 2:42 a.m., according to information from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. The men in the Maxima then shot into the victim's open driver's-side window.
    Chambliss, 19, was hit in the chin and transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center.
    His injuries were not life-threatening.
    Deputies are still searching for the men in the Maxima.

Ok I'd like to hear some... "This is what I woulda done stuff":steamed:

or :wow:"This would have been the proper way to handle this had the man actually had a firearm in his glovebox." (yes 19 year olds in FL can own handguns... they just cant have a CCW or buy em from a gunshop/show.. private sales only)

or some hypothetical stuff like... same situation but your guns in the glovebox or its CCW on your person or a BUG(back up gun) in an ankle holster or even under your seat...

What did you do or intend to do at 3am when the bullet hits your chin?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

First off I don't go to Orlando without a weapon, Now as to what I would have done, first I wouldn't be in Orlando at that time of the night
    Second I ain't honking at anyone unless they are about to step off the curve in front of me at that time of day
    Third I would have broke the engagement off be speeding away can't be sure of your background or where your bullets going.
    fourth I ain't getting in a rolling gunfight
    But that's just me
    Regards
    DW

3. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Good stuff Wayne. I learned in chicago don't bother honking... unless you have a gun. I never want to have to shoot someone and my 1st concern would have been getting to my weapon and assesing the situation more then likely while I am motoring away lol... heading right to the hospital or cops.

4. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

I honked at a guy today. Rarely do I do it, but when he absolutely refused to look up and drive after the light turned green, what choice do you have?
    Light turns green, I watch him digging around in his car, slowly...one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four... HONK!

Sorry, but people are bizarre, they speed 60 up to a light. Then forget they are driving and start looking around their car for crap.
    And I live in Jax which makes Orlando look like...well disneyworld.

5. mikeyU

mikeyU

Is Orlando that bad? I have a chance to relocate outside Orlando, just curious, Thank you:wavey:

6. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

DW hit the nail on the head, really nothing else I can add to that!

7. mikeyU

mikeyU

Must of been doing something wrong, nothing good happens that late.

8. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

hit their car with my car. Its the fastest weapon available.

9. maynardwix

It depends how far outside of Orlando you can relocate, I live 3-4 hours away and it is nice here. :rofl:

10. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

Orange County in general is a warzone.

11. mikeyU

mikeyU

MT. Dora

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Are there any witnesses, or is this just the leaker's version of what happened?

13. flagg

flagg

I honk maybe ten times a year, usually after a pause at a green light or if someone's encroaching on my lane.

Any other time, I just let it go.

I stopped honking for stupid things after getting my carry license. People are too high strung and I don't want to invite trouble.

14. maynardwix

I'm not familiar with the area, some others here may be able to say what the Mt. Dora area is like, I think it's in Lake County. My concern would be if you'd have to commute to Orlando for work, I stear clear of that town (county in general) as much as I can.

+1

15. mikeyU

mikeyU

Yes it is Lake county, but just a stone throw outside Orlando. Work may bring me to Orlando, at least thats where I see alot of security positions, and Law enforcement positions,and just jobs in general are. Not quite sure yet.

16. LittleRedToyota

LittleRedToyota

drive away...quickly.

17. B R Y A N

B R Y A N

just like anywhere else orlando has very nice areas then it has the projects, or ghetto.. theres an area in orlando called pine hills, or known by the locals as crime hills stay out of that area and kissime aint all that great either.. I've been to orlando to race before and never had a problem.. cops tent to be more "hard" then small town cops, but with any big city that tends to be the norm..

18. ronin.45

ronin.45

If it happened just like the story said there isn't much anyone could do. If somebody shoots into my car randomly no amount of training will help. That being said, the situation demands further information. What was the kid doing at that time of night in a bad area? Was there a confrontation other than the horn honk? Did the kid know the shooters? If these questions could be answered we may look at the situation differently.

19. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

That is not a good way to think you started with blame laying on the victim. I'm a communications engineer here in FL and I literally am working sometimes at 3am driving to fix circuits or downed Microwave radio equipment in nearly every corner of the state sometimes and occasionally in other states forgot to add I have been doing it since I was 18 also.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything about it because I know not all people think the same way or know the same things, its ok I forgive you.:tongueout:

20. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

At 2:42 a.m., I woulda been home in bed.