Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are cramming the beaches and restaurants in Florida as I’m sure most here know. If COVID-19 cases in Florida do not sky rocket over the next couple of weeks, then all these mini-Hitler governors on their power trips will have the wind taken from their sails. Which explains why some of them are criticizing some states opening their beaches even if they don’t even share a border with them.

We shall see.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I’ll save you the suspense. Nothing will sky rocket except the fake numbers of anyone who is in hospice dying of cancer will be listed as dying from the Chinese virus.

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll save you the suspense. Nothing will sky rocket except the fake numbers of anyone who is in hospice dying of cancer will be listed as dying from the Chinese virus.
If the rip current pulls someone out to sea, they’ll be listed as a coronavirus death. If a shark attacks someone, they’ll be another coronavirus death.

·
M62/76
12,549 Posts
Our restaurants aren’t open yet besides take out, at least not here in or around Fort Myers. And our beaches are still closed.
It seems to be all up North so far from what I’ve seen.
Yes- my father lives in Indian River County and he said that the beaches there have yet to re-open.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our restaurants aren’t open yet besides take out, at least not here in or around Fort Myers. And our beaches are still closed.
It seems to be all up North so far from what I’ve seen.
I see. I still think it’ll be a good test.

·
INFIDEL
11,204 Posts
people with underlying health issues should take extra precautions as with any other viruses, everyone else can exercise caution as well till we get a better feel of how this plays out and if we return to normal.. There is still a big portion going to work everyday, getting groceries-gas and anything else, however endless shut down will lead to much worse conditions

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,516 Posts
The governor reopened the beaches, but the counties still make local decisions.
Ditto with boat ramps. Fishing always involved social distancing anyway.:fishing:

The beaches attract tourists, so damnyankee carpetbaggers spread their imported diseases.
Locals prefer the less crowded beaches.

·
Banned
547 Posts
This whole quaran-tine is total BS.
Masks do not protect against virus.
[Anti-] social distancing does not protect against virus.
The viruses are everywhere: in the air in the water. They are nano-size and cannot be filtered by stupid N95 and cannot be killed by stupid hand sanitizer.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
People are cramming the beaches and restaurants in Florida as I’m sure most here know. If COVID-19 cases in Florida do not sky rocket over the next couple of weeks, then all these mini-Hitler governors on their power trips will have the wind taken from their sails. Which explains why some of them are criticizing some states opening their beaches even if they don’t even share a border with them.

We shall see.
There will be a bump in infections, naturally. And the MSM and tyrants will point to it and say "see??". But will it result in a meltdown of the medical system? Probably not naturally. I wouldn't put it above some people to manufacture one.

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There will be a bump in infections, naturally. And the MSM and tyrants will point to it and say "see??". But will it result in a meltdown of the medical system? Probably not naturally. I wouldn't put it above some people to manufacture one.
Right. There will be a spike in cases, but if there isn’t an absolute skyrocket of them then the base of these lockdowns crumble.

Maybe some of these medical personnel won’t have time to make dumb social media videos about “staying home”

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,097 Posts
[Anti-] social distancing does not protect against virus.
The viruses are everywhere: in the air in the water. They are nano-size and cannot be filtered by stupid N95 and cannot be killed by stupid hand sanitizer.
Brilliant!

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
I am in Brevard county FL. East middle of FL. We will see how it goes. No changes here yet though our testing positive rate is down to 3.6% of 6K tests (600K population) and in the last 24 hours we added only 1 positive. Our deaths are at 7 we have 7 full hospitals. We have had 41 total hospitalizations of our 216 cases. Last report was 6 in ICU and 4 on vents so at least this wave we will probably end up with 10 deaths total unless it goes down hill quickly. Probably the biggest first step will be open the up the hospitals, diag centers, surgery centers, dr offices, etc. to get back to making money. They are currently basically shutdown pending the surge.

FL covid is dominated by 3 south FL counties. They are 58% of the deaths and positive cases in the state. We have 67 counties, 21M people, and a lot of land. The number of counties with less than 10 deaths is probably 80% of them though I have not looked at that data. Orange and Osceola county which is home of the overcrowded theme parks and the ~130K employees of these overcrowded theme parks plus all the restaurants around them serving millions of international tourists and they combine for only 1600 cases and 28 deaths.

Restaurants are take out and delivery only. Beaches are closed sort of. Public parking is closed but pretty hard to stop someone from walking onto the beach and for some people it is their back yard. Our county has a lot of miles of beaches. Schools are closed until Fall.

I don't go out much just running the dog to doggy daycare and back and there are a lot of people out and about though so not sure what first step changes would actually matter. I have been working from home a month and probably just stay with it for another month as being in the office does not really matter for my work. I have more need to be in the other 9 offices we have across the county than to be in my office in Melbourne. Not sure when I can start back on making my rounds for IT upgrades across the country and if I would be safer flying or driving for the east coast offices. As soon as an approved anti-body test is available in my area I will try and get it. I will feel better buying plane tickets if I am positive for anti-bodies from being sick in Feb and again in March. I hope a lot that I am even if they are not certain it gives you immunity for some period of time or not.

We shall see.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
The way I see it through the end of this virus, is the "herd immunization" or vaccines. Somehow, the bulk of the population needs to be exposed to this virus in order to build up antibodies against it!

By quarantining, we are preventing this, and I ain't taking a vaccine!

I believe we've procured enough ventilators, and despite what the media says, there's Hydrochloroquine,

I say, ................. let's party!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Right. There will be a spike in cases, but if there isn’t an absolute skyrocket of them then the base of these lockdowns crumble.
The problem is that most Americans are already brainwashed into following the "Total confirmed infections" number, as if that in itself is an indicator of whether what we're doing is "working". Once those numbers go up in FL, it'll be "proof" that reopening is a bad thing. It doesn't make any sense, logically, but logic went out the window on day 1. I'm unfortunately not optimistic that people will see the light, even if FL goes as well as it could possibly go.

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The problem is that most Americans are already brainwashed into following the "Total confirmed infections" number, as if that in itself is an indicator of whether what we're doing is "working". Once those numbers go up in FL, it'll be "proof" that reopening is a bad thing. It doesn't make any sense, logically, but logic went out the window on day 1. I'm unfortunately not optimistic that people will see the light, even if FL goes as well as it could possibly go.
You could be right. The media has been one of the biggest perpetrators in this as usual. People are home, scared and panicking and they watch the MSM. They come on the air with dramatic and scary music, they keep a ticker on the bottom of the screen with all the cases of coronavirus and people have lost their minds. When people are scared and panicked, they can’t think logically or clearly. Everything becomes an emotional response.

This has demonstrated how weak American society has become. If something really bad and tough afflicted this country, most Americans couldn’t make it.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
I believe we've procured enough ventilators, and despite what the media says, there's Hydrochloroquine,

I say, ................. let's party!
And don't forget about remdesivir.

Maybe one thing that comes out of this is that we should allow people who are likely gonna die if left untreated to take medications that haven't made their way all the way through the multiple years of bureaucratic red tape it takes to approve. Oops, there's that "logic" again. No room for that these days.

·
National Capitalist
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And don't forget about remdesivir.

Maybe one thing that comes out of this is that we should allow people who are likely gonna die if left untreated to take medications that haven't made their way all the way through the multiple years of bureaucratic red tape it takes to approve. Oops, there's that "logic" again. No room for that these days.
I wonder if certain elements know this is a logical step to take, but politicians are in a state of bliss right now in this crisis and they want it to last as long as possible.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts