Florida Gun Shop Sells Broken "new" firearms

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RIPPED, Feb 10, 2010.

1. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I just stated that above. Even if it's not our fault, we replace it. But only because we would rather not deal with the hassle of arguing with them. But for us, the maximum loss in money is $15. $15 is well worth me not fighting with someone. We do have other managers that will argue with the customer provided it wasn't our screwup.

However, if I can't fix it, I'll certainly tell the customer to see someone who can. Similar to what the gunshop did. They did not have a replacement in stock so they sent to the customer to where he could get it replaced. The other option is to take the gun from him, ship it to Keltec, wait for it to be shipped back, etc etc.

I'd rather have the store tell me there is nothing they can do quickly, but this place right up the road can fix it today. I'd be much happier if they did that than if I found out it could have been fixed today but the store manager did not tell me about the manufacturer.

2. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I'm not saying the gun wasn't messed up. They couldn't make it right without making the customer wait for some period of time as they didn't have the same model with the same finish in stock. So they sent her/him to where it could be fixed immediately.

Could they have worded the response better? Sure, but there are people who aren't very good with words and things just come out wrong.

3. Minnow

Minnow

The customers husband claims that the gun in question was not new and was sold to his wife as NIB. I'd call Kel-Tec and find out if possible. If this was a new gun then apparently Kel-tecs quality control is asleep at the wheel. Secondly, the gunshop should have caught the crack before it was sold. And lastly when buying any product, the customer should inspect before purchasing when buying in person. All this happens in a perfect world, but when humans are involved stuff like this is going to happen. After the husband went down to the shop and they did not immediately offer a refund or an exchange and told him it's easier to deal with Kel-tec himself and do the leg work, I'd be done with that shop myself. As a matter of fact, if the gun was NIB I'd be done with Kel-Tec as well.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  4. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

What is in bold NEVER HAPPENED! She didnt get the gun she handeled because it was blued and she wanted a parkerized one. The DID NOT BAIT AND SWITCH HER! They also offered to replace it with the blued one, which she did not want. So, since you know exactly what happened, without talking to the store owner or OP, what should they have done? She didnt want the one they had, they cant fix Kel-Tecs mistake. The OP wanted to whine and try to ruin a stores rep and the hordes of sheeple fell into tow with pitchforks.

5. Novocaine

Novocaine

People who aren't good with words shouldn't occupy positions that require them to be good with words. How many paraplegic dancers do you know?:dunno:

Besides, it's not like we're talking corporate contract negotiation here. I don't think this is a case of a manager not knowing what he's doing. It's more of a "it takes some seventy muscles to explain the deal to a customer and only three to show him middle finger". Net result will be the same, why bother?

6. Novocaine

Novocaine

Again, they didn't offer jack. That's what OP says and the owner (who wasn't there) doesn't dispute that. Seriously, where do you guys get these bits of info?

7. Novocaine

Novocaine

OP didn’t whine. He conveyed his experience. He didn’t even name the place until he was told to FO. The only person who whined was the owner. But he was doing damage control and it obviously worked since hordes of sheeple are confused as to what happened in this, frankly, quite simple story.

8. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

According to this, it happened, so this is what I'm going on:
    http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=69130
    "When she was looking at the gun the saleswoman took the display model out and showed it to her, then when it came time to buy she pulled a "new" gun in the box and told her it was the same one."

If it actually was a "new" gun?
    What would I want the store to do?
    1. We are sorry, we screwed up, we should have never let that gun go out the door. You can have a full refund, or a replacement gun, or you can keep that gun.
    2. If you choose to keep that gun, we can send it back to the manufacturer for you, or you can take it to them directly, since they are down the street. They have an excellant repair policy. Many people just go directly to them, but we can handle it for you if you'd like.
    3. If you want a replacement gun, this is what we have in stock. It will take us 2 weeks to order one exactly like the one you have (minus the cracks).
    4. Since we shouldn't have sold you that broken gun, to make it up to you, if you either keep that gun, or if you exchange for another gun, we'd like to give you 2 free boxes of ammo (100 rounds total) for your trouble.

If it was a "used" gun?
    5. If you choose to keep that gun, we will also refund you the difference in price between a new and a used gun.

9. ilgunguygt

Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are what happened. The customer suggested taking it to kel tec first, not the store manager. The customer lived 40 miles away from the store and wanted to take it there himself to save having to make a second trip. Although, it made a better story on the internet to complain about the other way.
    It was not a used gun, that was confirmed by Kel Tec. Why in the world would the gun shop cough up money because kel tec sent a piece of crap. It sounds an awful lot like the customer knew he bought a low quality gun and took the chances, then when it didnt work out screamed about the shop not giving him the world. Why would the shop offer him 50 dollars worth of ammo? That makes no sense. I guess in the world of the glock talk community fine, but thats why you probably dont own a gun store.

I have personally conversed with the owner of the shop and the OP of the original thread. He did not dispute the claim by the owner of the shop that they offered to replace the pistol with the blued model, but his wife did not want it. He also admitted that his wife and the female clerk both handled the gun, even racking the slide in the store.

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

So, at the umpteenth time of handling this gun, the store representative still couldn't see the big ass crack down the body of the gun?

The wife was not a savvy gun owner and therefore she can be excused, but what's the excuse of this clerk (and other clerks) not having seen the crack?

11. redstar

redstar Live to shoot

Not true at all. As a former gun shop employee, all guns have to have the serial numbers entered/verified when they are transferred into a location. This is even true of FFL transfers through a dealer. The only way to verify a S/N is to verify it on the gun!

12. ilgunguygt

Why is that relevant to the conversation? You guys are all acting like the owner of the company didnt admit that his employees made mistakes. He did, and apologized. What do the people complaining and still nagging want?

No one can honestly admit they think the shop gave them a crappy gun on purpose. The owner apologized for his employees mistakes. Do the cackling hens of glocktalk want a public crucifiction or a beheading?

13. Novocaine

Novocaine

When did the owner made such a claim? How could the owner offer the customer anything when he (by his words) learned of the whole incident after the fact? After the customer was already taken care of by Keltec?

The customers (both OP and his wife) went out of their way to state they never had a problem with a female clerk “…initial purchasing of the weapon was great. Angela was really nice and helpful (no ill feelings towards her)…”

According to whom?

Not according to the customer: “…my problem is with how the "manager" handled it this morning, no mention of exchange, repair, nothing, just call Kel-tec…”

Not according to the owner “Since I am not the one that spoke to you I can only guess at some things.”

So, according to whom?

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

How is it relevant?

If it weren't for the incompetence/apathy/negligence of numerous clerks/managers/whatever at that shop, this whole shebang wouldn't happen at all.

15. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

A clerk didn't catch the crack. Call out the firing squad.

When some of you guys grow up and get a job, you may make mistakes too.

ML

16. ilgunguygt

Exactly, not around these clowns

I have emails and have corresponded with the people involved. The customer was offered to trade out of the one she had for the blued model. Since she didnt want it there was no option to exchange for another. The OP didnt state that originally. The OP left out a lot of stuff. For people so ready to convict the owner of the shop, why is his word worth less than the OP of the original thread?

I was asked to not post the contents of all the emails, so it really doesnt matter what any of the rest of you think about it. The owner apologized for what happened, what else do people want?

This isnt my beef anyway, and I understand why the owner of the shop doesnt bother to get involved, pissy kids like the ones here would never be happy anyway, so why bother?

17. ilgunguygt

The customer was offered a replacement gun, it was a blued model, not a parkerized one.

The owner apoligized for the managers behaviour, what else do you want. Maybe if the OP wasnt a friggin crybaby and blabbed his mouth all over the internet before even going to talk to them. From the original thread its obvious he was poised for a confrontation before he even went in. He wasnt going to be happy unless the store ate the cost of something because kel-tec makes crappy guns.

18. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Just hold out until the owner offers you a free gun, two for one! Everyone want something for nothing nowadays.

19. hatidua

hatidua

I sold my home in South Florida last month. There is so much stuff like this going on in FL it's not funny. Faked pink slips on boats, reworked serial numbers on vehicles for sale, etc.

Does this surprise me? Sadly, no.

20. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

Jesus, I can't believe some of you people.

The store made one mistake, lets burn it to the ground with all the employees inside!

Yes, the manager could, have handled it differently, but they way it was handled wasn't that bad. The OP shouldn't have blabbed his mouth all over the internet, kicking this shop's name into the dirt.

The bottom line is, Keltec shipped them a POS gun, and the shop employee made a mistake and didn't notice it. B&H could have went above and beyond for this lady, but they didn't, and that really isn't a big deal because they are not responsible for the biggest screw up here, Keltec is.