Florida Gun Shop Sells Broken "new" firearms

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RIPPED, Feb 10, 2010.

1. rahrah12

rahrah12

I would think that the gunshop knew about this...reason being is that the shop did not seem upset about it...did they check the rest of their stock to see if there were any defects...

I would think that if I sold somebody something brand new and they returned saying it was badly damaged, my first instinct after making the customer whole would be to check the rest of my stock and make sure there are no other defects...

Now maybe they did and he didn't mention it but from his description they were non-chalant about it...which would make me very suspicious

EDIT: after reading the owners response I look forward to see the customers response...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. jsnake

jsnake

Is the response from the shop accurate? Was there no replacement available? Is Kel-tec only 4 miles away?

Seems to be a lack of communication. Counter workers may need a little attitude adjustment.

Joe

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I emailed them a little bit ago(earlier when I first saw it) with the link to that thread and spoke my mind. I wonder if they will fix it or not?

4. Palmguy

Palmguy Boom.

Interesting...saw this on FSN before the store was named. I've been to B&H several times, one of the more pleasant places to shop in Central Florida if you ask me. Too bad they apparently screwed up a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a replacement.

Yes.

5. ilgunguygt

The reply I got back was:

I sent him a reply thanking him for his side of the story, and was sent this in return:

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

What can the owner do to get in good will with the aggrieved customer? Fire the dumbass worker that didn't inspect the gun before completing the Yellow Form because if he/she did verify the serial number then he/she wouldn't have missed that big ass crack. Then the owner should fire the store manager that told the customer to go to Kel-Tec for resolution.

If that store manager were to explain to the customer that by going to Kel-Tec, the customer would get a replacement quicker than going through the store then that's a different story. But just telling the customer that he should take the gun to Kel-Tec and not the reason behind it? I'd be one mad mofo customer.

7. ilgunguygt

Being a mad customer is one thing. Demanding people lose their jobs over a situation that was easily avoidable is wrong. It looks to me like the ball was dropped on both sides. the clerk first, then the customer.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

If I were the owner of a business and found out that my workers were incompetent and neglectful not to mention disrespectful to customers, I'd fire them on the spot without the need to hear from the customer.

9. mesteve2

mesteve2

Not the best of guns. Looking at the numbers will not tell weather the gun works or not.
    I would have taken it a few miles to kel-tec and gotten it fixed and then sold it and got a better gun.

10. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

holy cow, that sucks i really hope that shop goes way out of its way to make ammends. that could be dangerouse.

11. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

You have to watch everyone nowadays. The gun should have been inspected before leaving the store. It is sad that you can't trust anything nowadays.

12. djegators

djegators

FWIW, they are one of the few GSSF Pistol Discount participating dealers in Florida. Interesting...bet they would not like the bad publicity on GLOCKtalk of all places, with LOTS of potential customers, and possibly blowback with GLOCK itself.

13. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

It's a Keltec... It might have cracked in the box on the way home.

:)

14. Hippocrates

Hippocrates

Employee(s) made a mistake(s) and owner is sincerely apologizing and trying to make amends. All seems reasonable to me with the exception of the initial mistakes...I've certainly made enough to know that what matters most is how you respond to an error because nobody makes none.

15. djegators

djegators

Good point. And if they had handled it correctly in the first place, and went above and beyond for the customer, they would have been rewarded with loyalty and word of mouth advertising.

16. Maddcat1

Maddcat1

Interesting. Ive purchased several firearms from B&H over the years and have been nothing but satisfied with them. My first pistol from them was a PF-9. I agree, the firearm should have inspected on both ends. I make it a habit to check the gun before I complete my purchase. One thing about buying a Glock from B&H is the case is sealed. So when you buy it, it hasnt been tampered or fondled with by other customers. The Kel-tec is a no brainer. KT has the best customer service out there. :cool: Its a gray area especially once the firearm has "left" the store. I'd just take it back to KT and have them replace it :wavey:

17. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

The worst part is that they are a Glock authorized LE dealer.

18. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Now that's what I was thinkin' too...

19. ShamGlock

ShamGlock

Wouldn't an easy fix now be for the store owner to refund the difference of value between a new PF-9 and a used one. If I were the customer here that would be an acceptable compromise.

20. ilgunguygt

The Unemployment people would love you. Firing them is overreacting, because the customer overreacted. He should have calmly adressed the upper level of management, as he did in the end, and he would have had a resolution.