Florida Gun Shop Sells Broken "new" firearms

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RIPPED, Feb 10, 2010.

1. RIPPED

RIPPED G One NINER

2. glockpacker

glockpacker 600 yd shooter CLM

They're close to the biggest and best gun club in the state. They shouldn't treat customers like this.

I know this customer, as I've bought guns from him. He wouldn't give us bad scoop.

That store might be in trouble.

3. Menehune

Menehune

Wow, can't beleive they left it to him to take care of it! Also, hard to beleive that they would not even check a gun going out the door, just on a liability issue.

yeah, you could argue that the buyer should have checked close, but she was a first time buyer.

4. LEAD

LEAD

Thats not right. I can't see how kel-tec would've shipped the gun out that way. That problems should be delt with by the store

5. mdfd

mdfd

wow - sorry to hear that....you might also consider putting this on ktog.org

6. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I'm guessing the gunshop did it on purpose.

They had a used and broken gun, and they picked a newbie woman to pawn it off on.

Otherwise, why didn't they take it back and admit a mistake?

There's got to be some paperwork trail on that gun, of how it got into the gunshop, and what condition it was in. Maybe a lawyer could force them to reveal that information.

Probably should involve the ATF, too. Some kind of shennanigans was going on.

7. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

8. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I bet that store is going to wish they just changed out the gun. Now it's on every forum know to the gun world!!!!!! I think they're going to have some problems.

9. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I'm sure those boys would LOVE to hear about this. Gives them a reason to go make a visit. I think that is a great idea.

10. Wizz

Wizz

Their website is www.bhgunrack.com in case anyone wants to send them an email on this.

11. mdfd

mdfd

wow - they call themself a "Police Supply" store.....:wow:
    I've always wondered in cases like these of gun deals gone wrong if calling the ATF would be effective....I say do it - you got nothing to loose and a better chance at results over just spreading the word on the net....

Best of luck to ya...

12. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

Wow, I bought my G23 from there, and was treated well but I can't believe that they would try to pass a gun in that condition off on somebody.

13. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Yeah, maybe there's some sort of gun laundering going on?

ATF
    ILLEGAL GUNS
    CRIME
    MAYHEM
    CONSPIRACY
    BULLETS

There, that should get their attention. Maybe now the ATF will look into this matter.

14. mdfd

mdfd

I was chatting w/ my local FFL and they told me that if I ever had someone screwed me on a gun deal they would help by getting the ATF involved....I thought it was a nice gesture but wondered if the ATF would even bother looking into a single reported case?:dunno:

15. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Yeah, but you gotta wonder what happened to that gun.

Did someone use it in a murder, and then try to get rid of the evidence by smashing it with a sledge hammer?

And then the gunshop is attempting to fabricate a legit paper trail by funneling it to a newbie woman, and trying to get her to send it back to the factory?

Something fishy going on.

16. ShamGlock

ShamGlock

What a shameful way for a retailer to treat a customer. I wish I lived in FL now just so I could never shop there. A good gun store is universally hard to find I suppose.

17. Brucev

Brucev

That any business would so abuse a customer... Outrageous. That Kel-Tec customer service would so very ethically take care of an abused customer... Outstanding... Simply Outstanding in every respect.

18. -gunut-

-gunut-

Why the hell would you not look at the gun you are buying??

19. winchester62

winchester62

I'd be upset too, but this happened over a pretty short period of time and it could have been one employee having a bad day. Read the response of the owner and take it all under consideration before trying to sic the feds on the shop. The owner might also be FOS but WE weren't there. Wait until you hear other stories of bad service from the store before you guys try to ruin them.

And in case you were wondering, I have no idea where the place is or what kind of people own the shop, I just know that this might be a misunderstanding and I hate seeing gun stores close all over the country.

20. mdfd

mdfd

I would still raise an eyebrow at a shop who doesn't take the time to check the pistol before they sold it for NIB....what else do they neglect to do? By law, isn't the FFL suppose to verify the serial number of the gun (not box) prior to releasing it? And if that did in fact occur, how can one overlook the condition of the gun?

Bottom line is they sold a broken firearm as a NIB and either did not know or did not bother telling the purchaser at the time of purchase. I'd get my money back and run....Plenty of other places to buy that gun, new in box....

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010