fleas

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by QUEENGLOCK, Jul 25, 2005.

1. QUEENGLOCK

QUEENGLOCK

hello to everyone. i have 3 black labs. this summer seems to be the worst i have ever seen it. my dogs are eat up with fleas. i don't consider myself a bad mama. i bath them, put frontline on them religiously, i spray the house and yard for fleas and pick up after them daily to cut down on flies. they stay inside most of the time, they have a doggy door and are trained to go outside when needed. i don't recall fleas ever being this bad. is anybody else having this problem? what else can i do to get rid of the fleas? :(

2. SQUAD

SQUAD

Get yourself some boric acid. Years ago I bought some at Home Depot.

Next get yourself a carpet rake, again Home Depot or a janitorial supply store will have this.

Next sprinkle the boric acid around your house, on your carpet, etc. Rake it in with the rake. Let it sit for a good 24 to 48 hours and vacuum.

And finally get your carpets steam cleaned (with a truck mount unit) and wash all your pillows and bedding.

That should do the trick.

* the boric acid will pull the moisture out of the fleas bodies, killing them.