Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a Sig P320 that I installed an Apex flat trigger on. I quickly changed it back for the factory curved trigger because I felt my trigger finger kept searching for a sweet spot on the flat trigger. This resulted in very inconsistent groups down range. With the curved trigger there was no searching. I no longer have the 320. I traded into a Glock 41 just to experiment with. In short I’ve spent so much time training with the 41 that it has become my carry gun.

My question is would a flat trigger on the Glock yield the same result as on the Sig 320? It might be a stupid question but I’m thinking there just might be enough difference in the two pistols that a flat trigger may behave totally different in the Glock vs the Sig. Or I may just be on the verge of insanity (doing the same thing over expecting different results). More than likely I’ll order a flat trigger to find out but thought someone here might have had a similar experience.

Not sure if this would make a difference but I have a Ghost 3.5 connector with a reduced safety plunger spring coupled with a stock striker and trigger spring.

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
If you did not like the flat trigger on the 320, why would you think it would be ok on the 43? That's just crazy talk brother! :nailbiting:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you did not like the flat trigger on the 320, why would you think it would be ok on the 43? That's just crazy talk brother! :nailbiting:
One- I said it’s a 41 not a 43. Not that model would make a difference since most Glock trigger mechanisms are identical.

Two- Having had a 320 and Glocks the difference in the operating systems might be enough to present a better result on the Glock than the Sig.

Three- I did admit in my post that I may be on the verge of insanity in my thinking.

Four- While this is a public forum and you are free to post your opinion, your comment offers no experience or evidence that make a positive contribution.

And finally, unless you know something I don’t, I am not your brother.

Next?

·
Registered
458 Posts
The finger wants what the finger wants, Brah. You didn't know if you wanted a flat trigger on your Sig but bought one anyhow. Now that you are certain you didn't like it on the Sig, you seem inclined to keep spending money on flat triggers. I doubt if many people will have a similar experience. You know, ability to learn and all that.

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
:crazy:

Reactions: Leopardtrack

·
Registered
96 Posts
Find the ranges in your area that host action pistol matches. There is bound to be at least one competitor that shoots a flat trigger Glock, and would probably be happy to let you try it before you buy it. Or take the plunge, and buy one first.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Is that Insanity? Maybe. But its tunnel vision for sure. Maybe its some other psychological aspect that has nothing to do with guns, but lets not go there and stick to the guns.

You probably need to snap out of your tunnel vision on the shape of the trigger. Instead focus on showing up for practice and keeping the muzzle steady. This involves more participation from the rest of your hands and body, than just a single finger.
f
Additonally, if you definitely didn't like the flat trigger you installed on the 320 and are clearly happy with curved triggers, why would you insist upon replacing the trigger on your 41, which you already clearly like?

I have curved triggers and flat triggers on my Glocks. I have curved and flat on my 1911s too. I just shoot them and avoid overthinking things... Flat or curved they are the same, just a different look.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey guys I had a 2017 Ford I absolutely hated because it was red. Do you guys think I’d like a 2018 Honda in red?

Btw if you can’t help my very personal question I plan to insult you in the most passive aggressive way.

Next?

Some people are just too far beyond logical help, brother.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe it's a very personal decision. me personally like the flat triggger on my Glocks. Seems to shoot better for ME.
As mentioned by another member..."the finger wants what the finger wants".

·
G43 Fanboy
2,352 Posts
My general experience with two flat triggers (i.e., Overwatch TAC and Apex) that I tried was ... meh... I have small hands with short stubby fingers, and I thought I would like flat triggers because they are easier to reach. It wasn’t really the case. I actually liked slightly curved Overwatch Falx trigger much better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I have a flat trigger in my Shield and its ok but not groundbreaking. I'm tempted to sell it and go back to the curved factory trigger. I have a flat trigger in my 226 Legion SAO and its one of the best triggers I've tried. I have two Suarez tactical flat triggers in my 19s and they are the best triggers I've tried in a striker.

My point is some triggers feel better in some guns. Try one if you have the income to experiment and see how you feel. You can likely sell it, if it doesnt work out, for not much less than you picked it up for.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
31,002 Posts
In my opinion flat triggers on a carry gun are a sales gimmick more than anything else.

Don't waste your money unless you just want it for the tacticool factor.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Reactions: Green Dragoon

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
It is such a personal/subjective thing so nobody can really advise you.

Speaking of personal- for me, I only benefit from flat triggers on SAO guns....like a CZ75-TS, 1911 etc, because of their shorter trigger pulls.

My guess is that if you didn't like it on one striker fired, you won't like it on another. My one question is that if you're shooting your Glock well now, why do you feel compelled to mess with it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The finger wants what the finger wants, Brah. You didn't know if you wanted a flat trigger on your Sig but bought one anyhow. Now that you are certain you didn't like it on the Sig, you seem inclined to keep spending money on flat triggers. I doubt if many people will have a similar experience. You know, ability to learn and all that.
What is a Brah?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Kineti-Tech has four trigger shapes from which to choose. One is curved; two are flat; one is sort-of in-between.
http://www.kineti-tech.com/glock-triggers-1/

If you do try 1, 2, 3, or all 4 designs, still keep the OEM Glock trigger. You can switch off & on and never need to make a permanent decision. Just use whichever trigger suits you at that moment.

All it takes is time & money.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I installed an Apex flat face trigger on my G17, and an Overwatch TAC trigger on my G41. I did not like it on my G17. I really like it on my G41. I use both for competitions. The flat face trigger just did not feel right on the G17, on the G41 it’s a perfect match.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts