Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,893 Posts
Nice! I was looking for an old model 357 4 5/8" for a while with no luck. Settled on a new model in stainless. Not really what I was thinking of, but got a good deal and it scratches my cowboy itch.

Top is Old Model in .41 Mag, bottom of course is the .357 New Model.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have had several of the Old Model Blackhawks. They are excellent single actions. They have much better actions and are smaller and handier than the new models. All I have now is an Old Model 45/45acp. It goes to the range with me every tune.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: 45caldan

·
Registered
21,751 Posts
Nice Ruger.

·
Registered
21,453 Posts
I have an old model in 30 carbine. And then 2 newer ones in 45 colt

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
I can join the club, but with a long story, too long for this morning.
In the mid 1980's a young man I knew "found" a .357 Ruger NEW MODEL Blackhawk up on Mt. Charleston, near Las Vegas Nevada.
It looked like it had fallen out of an aircraft, I mean bad rusted crushed shape.
He moved on and gave it to me, I checked to see if it was reported missing or stolen (it wasn't) and I sent the rusted pile of pieces and a note to Ruger in Arizona, and a month later I had a new barreled, re blued re framed, working revolver, I have since passed down to my son.
If guns could talk, what a story this one could tell, and Ruger restored it for free with a new box too.

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
4,243 Posts
Nice!!!

my recently acquired 3-screws SuperBlackhawk, last year of the model run.

View attachment 931261 View attachment 931262
I have the same of one of these also, purchased in '68. I must have tossed the box, etc long ago. Big mistake. I also had an Old Model Blackhawk flat top 44 that I traded sometime in the '70's. Another big mistake. A buddy of mine has a .357 flat top, but unfortunately, it's been drilled for a scope mount. Nice guns.

·
M62/76
12,561 Posts
While they don’t exude the sexiness of a S&W, they’re built like bank vaults.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
My 4 5/8" 357 was my first handgun buy in '68, I have about 250 rounds thru it since then. I'll keep it till the nursing home (They are too scary there, I might off myself and deprive them of income)

Reactions: SargeMO

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I like it.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45caldan
1 - 20 of 21 Posts