close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flashlights

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mowmer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. mowmer

mowmer

Does anybody know if any of the hand crank
    flashlights work?Or what one is the best to buy?I want one that has a fm/am radio.Thanks

2. EricTheRed

EricTheRed

I have a grundig unit with radio for am, fm, sw1, and sw2, rechargable battery pack inside that can be charged by hand-crank, also you can run it off on AA batteries, or off of a plug-in power adapter. It has a small flashlight built into the front of it that is good enough to light up close up objects. It's range isn't terribly far, and you wouldn't want to use it to try to navigate your way through the dark outside or anything. That said, the crank works very well and generating electricity, and the radio has nice reception.

I've tried other crank type flashlights and haven't really been happy with any of them. They are all pretty dim. Good only for inside really. My best advice to you would be to get a multi-element LED flashlight and some spare batteries if your going to be outside. Otherwise, a unit like this should be fine:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...y_name=CTLG_007_024_005_000&product_id=20-231