Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am looking at putting a tactical flashlight on my G17. I have looked at the Glock GTL 10,but it is too expensive and has the old Xeon technology. I like the new LED lights such as the StreamlightTLR3 and the Nebo HP 190 . Do you haveany experience or knowledge of these or other lights? I want to keep the cost below $100. Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I am looking at putting a tactical flashlight on my G17. I have looked at the Glock GTL 10,but it is too expensive and has the old Xeon technology. I like the new LED lights such as the StreamlightTLR3 and the Nebo HP 190 . Do you haveany experience or knowledge of these or other lights? I want to keep the cost below $100. Thanks
For the price and compact size, I really like the TLR-3 that I have on my G20. It's got a momentary on and continuous on toggle switch that I can reach easily with short fingers. It's not the brightest light that I've seen out there, but it is very bright indoors. For reasonable pistol ranges, it more than bright enough.

If you have a lot of white or off-white in your house, you don't want a really, really bright light.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
TLR3 is nice, but it's part plastic and if you abuse your gun, I'd get the TLR1. My TLR-3 is rarely used. I'm thinking of picking up a TLR-1 HL (super high bright model), but my brother keeps telling me that it will be too bright to use inside a house with the light reflecting back from the walls. He said it's great outdoors.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I have a Nebo 190 that has been on a Glock 34 that rides in the car with me during the week. I have had it for around a year and have had no issue.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
One of my home defense guns has a TLR3 on it and it's plenty bright for all indoors uses in my opinion. Capable outdoors as well at intermediate distances. The only issue I've had after several years is that the shorter lights seem to get dirtier faster. Not a big deal in a home defense situation though. Just at the range and it wipes clean in only a second. Cheap, sturdy, and bright. I like having the option of a weapon light as well as a regular flashlight.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
TLR 1 on Glock.

Very happy.

After you mount it, shoot the pistol for a couple of mags to make sure everything works.

·
Observer
1,922 Posts

Lumintop Pistol light. $60, all aluminum body, indestructible, smallest footprint and way stronger than anything else on the market for this price.
Lumintop is division of Olight, one of the best manufacturers of tactical flashlights around $100, I have this one for almost a year, shot the gun numerous times with it, never had a single problem...

200 lumens measured at the diod, CR2 battery, momentary on, click to stay on, hold for flash, turn left or right , move back or forward to adjust wherever you want it. Only drawback is - it's not amby, but I personally don't care, I usually don't use light mounted on the pistol, when I have one like in this case, I operate it with my weak hand's thumb.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Something that hasn't been mentioned is whatever light you find to attach make sure you can find a holster for it. It's harder to find a holster with a WML than you think.

·
125 Posts
I have Crimson Trace Light Guard and like it a lot. Not the brightest (100 Lumen I believe), but it is compact and easy to operate. Holsters are available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
don't worry about the holster. you can order one from bravo concealment tailored for whatever light your running. I just got my new holster from them last week and I really like it! super comfortable!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Check out Walmart, seriously. They have a light for around $40.00. Can't remember the specs. but it has been discussed on GT. Saw it today, while browsing.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Check out Walmart, seriously. They have a light for around $40.00. Can't remember the specs. but it has been discussed on GT. Saw it today, while browsing.
That should be the Nebo light. Not too bad. I have one and used it for a bit until I bought a TRL1. It may be going on the G23 that I plan on buying soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts