Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a coupon code with the guys over at Powertac guys. I've been carrying the Gen 4 Warrior and its seen alot of weather, drops etc in the past months. The holster fits perfect on my duty belt (standard Safariland polished) and it's heldup great.. I'd recommend it very, very strongly. Video below if you want to see it, Coupon code is 4ProUSA

Be safe out there guys.
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/PqnszVaFHGg

·
Registered
475 Posts
PowerTac does seem to make solid lights. I've used several over the years. I didn't care for the strike bezels on some, but the quality is duty ready.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PowerTac does seem to make solid lights. I've used several over the years. I didn't care for the strike bezels on some, but the quality is duty ready.
I’m not sure on the older models but my warrior (Gen4) is now screw on. If you don’t want it, it can easily be removed which helps. I like them however, I’m sure you’re not alone.

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
OK, I ordered one. The $79. model after coupon applied was like $51. total. No shipping fee. Got the M5 - 1300 Lumen. I'm a bit skeptical on the lumens but even at half that would be nice.

Reactions: slamdunc

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I ordered one. The $79. model after coupon applied was like $51. total. No shipping fee. Got the M5 - 1300 Lumen. I'm a bit skeptical on the lumens but even at half that would be nice.
let me know how you
Like the m5, I’ve been looking at one of those to throw in my medical bag or as a backup. I bought a couple of the Gen3 warriors when they had them in stock still. I’m trying to decide if the less “tactical” guys at my agency would want the Warrior, the 9 or the 5.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Im a bit of a flashlight buff and have been using the warrior 4 for a few months after my klarus xt11 glass cracked and klarus wont sell js the glass replacement.

i like the throw on the warrior 4 a lot. Very good light.

i wish i knew about the coupon code i paid full price for it lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im a bit of a flashlight buff and have been using the warrior 4 for a few months after my klarus xt11 glass cracked and klarus wont sell js the glass replacement.

i like the throw on the warrior 4 a lot. Very good light.

i wish i knew about the coupon code i paid full price for it lol
which one are you using??? The flood or the throw?? Wish I caught you before!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im using the throw. Like it very much.
I think I need to pick one up too. I am using the flood atm but yea.. I think that's gonna happen real soon. From what I've seen you won't have that issue with Powertac. They warranty their stuff in house in North Carolina not far from me. They back their stuff 110%

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yea i did read that. Im very happy to support a company who supports their customers, specially us LEOs who wear and carry our stuff daily. I work midnights so good flashlights are a must. I really enjoyed all my klarus lights great lights but very disappointed with the customer service

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea i did read that. Im very happy to support a company who supports their customers, specially us LEOs who wear and carry our stuff daily. I work midnights so good flashlights are a must. I really enjoyed all my klarus lights great lights but very disappointed with the customer service
Are you wearing your Warrior on your belt in their holster?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually keep in in my left pocket.
I just scored a M5 powertac brand new on ebay for 39 shipped. Once i receive it ill let you guys know what i think.
funny you mention that. A colleague just bought two m9r’s and was telling me they’re gonna let me know what they think. They know how I feel about the warrior already as they’ve messed with it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
In 2011, under the name of Tacbeam, the owners of Powertac ordered almost $160,000 worth of product from a Chinese flashlight mfg named Olight. Upon deliver of the product, Tacbeam/Powertac refused to pay for the delivery. Powertac sold the Olight products to fund Powertac. Olight, owned by Fenix Flashlight, sued in Federal Court, and a mediated agreement was agreed upon, in 2016.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/6874221/FENIX_FLASHLIGHTS,_LLC_v_TACBEAM,_LLC

There's no way I could support a product started by fraudulent means.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In 2011, under the name of Tacbeam, the owners of Powertac ordered almost $160,000 worth of product from a Chinese flashlight mfg named Olight. Upon deliver of the product, Tacbeam/Powertac refused to pay for the delivery. Powertac sold the Olight products to fund Powertac. Olight, owned by Fenix Flashlight, sued in Federal Court, and a mediated agreement was agreed upon, in 2016.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/6874221/FENIX_FLASHLIGHTS,_LLC_v_TACBEAM,_LLC

There's no way I could support a product started by fraudulent means.
Interesting however I’ve seen/heard 5 different versions of that including failed delivery and product issues with Olight (Fenix) not backing them. Always more sides to the story. End of the day, a lot of companies stories aren’t told accurately. Look into Ford, Chevrolet etc etc..

If a company makes a better mouse trap, I’m game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn... thats disappointing to hear..
what’s ironic is the same companies that sued Powertac were sued earlier for various patent infringements, property etc by Surefire LLC... so basically I can’t have any flashlights now except Chinese ones??

.... easy to get lost in the sauce of who dis what.. end of the day, The only skin I’ve got in the game is that I protect my life and others with this flashlight. Not going to throw my surefire away because they didn’t fulfill a contract, or my Powertac because they disputed the product received etc etc....

Their business, all handled in court. Won’t be the first time someone’s had someone say something slanderous or disagree...

reminds me of a long time ago where someone much wiser than me told me to never meet my idols. They were right 9/10.

business is business, it’s 2020. If what they did was so outlandish, they wouldn’t be here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alright. Received the M5I. In the mail today. I got to say the packaging was very nice. As soon as i opened it i could tell the item was high quality. On to the light itself, came half charged, i turned it on cycled through the modes. Very bright white light. Spillage is very nice and even as well.
the magnetic charging system works like a charm and i truly like how FAST it charges. I included pictures for reference as well. Its a medium size light bigger than a mecarmy p16 but smaller than my battle scarred klarus xt11x.

personally, i could not use this light as my main duty flashlight. I would need a little more potency and a bigger size (personal preference) lot of guys i know carry fenix pd35 tacs and if i had to compare it....the M5i surpasses the fenix in every aspect.

it is a great backup light or a good edc/night table light. Hell i would even suggest it As a glove box light.

i will personally keep this one as my night stand light next to my glock due to the ease of charge and size.

hope the review helps someone on the fence.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
Alright. Received the M5I. In the mail today. I got to say the packaging was very nice. As soon as i opened it i could tell the item was high quality. On to the light itself, came half charged, i turned it on cycled through the modes. Very bright white light. Spillage is very nice and even as well.
the magnetic charging system works like a charm and i truly like how FAST it charges. I included pictures for reference as well. Its a medium size light bigger than a mecarmy p16 but smaller than my battle scarred klarus xt11x.

personally, i could not use this light as my main duty flashlight. I would need a little more potency and a bigger size (personal preference) lot of guys i know carry fenix pd35 tacs and if i had to compare it....the M5i surpasses the fenix in every aspect.

it is a great backup light or a good edc/night table light. Hell i would even suggest it As a glove box light.

i will personally keep this one as my night stand light next to my glock due to the ease of charge and size.

hope the review helps someone on the fence.
So 400 lumens isn't powerful enough for you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts