close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fla. education board OKs race-based academic plan

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SMOKEin, Oct 12, 2012.

1. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

2. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

ahh nevermind

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

3. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

I don't like this plan. No reason to separate. Put together a realistic set of goals for everyone. Here is the key. If you can't keep up you don't pass. Stop teaching to the stupidest kid in class and start teaching to the smartest ones. No child left behind is the stupidest plan ever. Failing should provide the motivation to work harder and succeed.

4. arclight610

arclight610

Asians leading the way

5. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

What if your half chinese and half black?

I wonder if they do the same thing for other classes. Black kids would have to do more laps around the Gym. Also when they do the parenting assignment where you have to care for egg, will all the black boys be excused from participating? :dunno:

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

So, what will happen to the 10% of Asian kids who are not as smart as the rest of the Asian kids?

7. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I don't agree with it in principle at all...race shouldn't be used in any fashion, only merit..

WARNING, POLITICALLY INCORRECT OPINION FOLLOWS!!:

I will admit though, that it does pretty accurately correlate with actual academic achievement rates (intelligence?) for the listed ethnicities.. Statistics, if accurately reported, don't lie..

8. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Ahhhhh yes. The quiet racism of lowered expectations.

THIS is the sort of thing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should be raising hell over because it's THIS CRAP that destroys whole generations of black youth by saying "Don't bother to strive and reach the bar...we'll just lower it a few inches for you."

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

9. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

My guess would be that the percentages are a more accurate representation of effort, parenting and accountability.

10. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

This was my thought as well. It SHOULD have every group up in arms, Asian's included. :dunno:

11. sciolist

sciolist

They go to white purgatory, and on to Open Class if they still can't perform.

12. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I'd beg to differ..

On almost any academic scale, certain ethnicities score subtantially lower than others....period!...no matter the neighborhood or upbringing they came from. It's so consistent, you can chart and graph it by year and there isn't much difference for the last 30 years..and A LOT has changed for the positive for different ethnicities in the last 30 years..

All the other excuses as to why are simply that..excuses..

13. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

I agree... And what do you think causes those consistent gaps in the score from race to race?

14. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Seppuku.

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It's true, but since there is no evidence to refute it, people like Charles Murray have found out that saying such things make you very, very unpopular with liberals.

It seems to be inherited intelligence (as opposed to the portion that comes from environment/learning). However, in a world where we are expected to believe your choice of sex partner can be inherited, we are supposed to ignore that possibility about things like intelligence.

16. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I think Bren hit the nail on the head. I'd never heard it described that way, but "inherited intelligence" sounds like a good way to put it..

This is completely off the political-correctness charts, but I do believe that different ethnicities have different levels of intelligence.. Call it evolution if you believe in that or what, but just like in the bird-world, certain breeds of parrot are extremely intelligent and other aren't.

Of course, those that fall into the ethnicity that is statistically (on average, there are always exceptions) deemed not as intelligent as another are going to be offended, but that's just human nature.

Yes, we're all human beings and worthy of the exact same opportunities, freedoms etc, but we are different, even biologically different in ways, and I'm not talking about skin pigmentation, we are of different "breeds" for lack of a better term. Anyone who believes all ethnicities are exactly the same except for different shaped eyes, skin color and hair structure just don't have a grip on reality.

Let's take the far ends of the spectrum, Asians vs Blacks as an example. Is there anyone that would argue that blacks could, on average, ever compete academically/statistically with asians in academics?

I'm not asian by the way, and fall right into the middle-average of the ethnicity intelligence charts, and I'm okay with that and not afraid to say that on average, asian kids could run circles around me in high school and college, and for some of them, they even had a language barrier as english was a second language and THEY STILL EXCELLED! No..I don't wish I was asian either, I'm perfectly comfortable with who I am and the fact that my people fall into the "middle" of the intelligence range.. I might even be low middle average as in high school I was a B - D student, depending on how interested I was in the class.

Further, I believe that if you took a 50 black infants and 50 asian infants just out of the womb with no chance for any external influence and shipped them to antartica and raised and educated them in a perfect controlled environment with gender and ethnicity-neutral robot-nannys and teachers, fed them the best nutritious food available, gave them all the best access to information that money can buy etc, what do you think would be the result?

I know what my theory is...

17. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Are there no Indians in Florida? They're the new Jew, you know?

This stuff is sad actually. I can't recall if it's in California or countrywide, but some Asians are actually starting to apply to colleges as White so they have a better chance of getting in because of race ratios or something.

18. RedTop

RedTop

It's called nature versus nurture. Nature usually wins, regardless of the environment, but do-gooders will stop at nothing to prove you otherwise.

19. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Eh, certain groups/areas don't view education as important as other groups. It is not always racial. In a lot of cases, a lot of these people probably just go to school for the free lunch (and sometimes breakfast) or to hang out with friends.

The why they don't view it as important is the question. Either, they have no plans to go to college or believe they can't go to college (money, family life, etc.). Not to mention, with some blacks and Hispanics at least, being smart is being white (I'm paraphrasing this, it's been a while since I've been in high school where I talked to people that think that way).

20. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

There are many in the black community that think lowered expectations are a victory for civil rights.