close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fixing to grill some steaks and chicken.....

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lwt210, Jan 16, 2005.

1. lwt210

lwt210

....in thirty degree weather. Well, at least it feels that cold with the wind chill.

Wish me luck. I gotta find that M65 field jacket with the liner in it.

Anyone else grill/smoke year round? This is my first year trying it and so far, it works like a charm.

2. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

I grill year round here in MI. I park the grill near the garage door, half in, half out and can stand out of the weather that way.

Just a few months ago, I bought a smoker grill and while I've been learning to cook with it this winter and I'm having a hard time. Using the smoker pot coal consumption seems to go up dramatically when it's 10 degrees outside and I'm having a hard time regulating the heat. I suppose come summer I'll have to relearn all over...;Q Big diff between grilling and smoking...

[$

This was my old standby till it burned out....:( I loved this ole grill...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

We grill year around here. The only time we don't grill is when it is too windy.

4. Bill D

Bill D Millennium Member

I am on a Golden Corral restaraunt kick right now, but normally use my gas grill 5-7 days a week. No smells, clean up, etc. Sideburners rule!

5. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

No Golden Corrals here. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of eating out. I can never get a steak that I consider as good as I can do at home, with the exception of Ruths Chriss Steak House and there isn't one near here. They are superb...

A bitter/sweet story. I've always loved to grill. But I began to think I would like a small gas grill for those days coming home from work and wanting to grill a steak quickly... I didn't want anything fancy, just simple enough to get the job done for the wifey and myself.

Well, I lamented this to the wife I guess enough times that come Christmas several years ago, I awake to this huge box under the Christmas tree...;P Cept, this thing is huge...! Three burners and a fourth burner on the outside... I hate it... I've probably only used it maybe 10 times and then I went out and bought my smoker/grill...

The wifes rational, God bless her soul, was that when ever she sees me purchase something it's always the biggest best that can be bought... This is sorta true. I do try to shop often, buy once...

I feel bad because I know her heart was in the right place... I do bring it out now and then to make an effort...

6. Bill D

Bill D Millennium Member

If you have cable, check the Food Forum(57 on Comcast) for Bobby Flay. He has a great grilling show, just might change your mind about your grill.

7. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

I've watched him but I still love my coals and smoke...;)

Thinking more of him, I think it was his book that Lowes had on hand when I bought my smoker. I was going to purchase it but there was not one mention of Ribs in the book...;Q

8. XD40FAN

XD40FAN

Since my home is "porch-less", my grill is kept in the garage near the opening door permanently. I'll either open the door part or all the way, or if its really cold/windy outside I'll open a couple of the windows in the garage. This allows me to grill pretty much year round.

Except, this last week during which I've recorded below freezing wind chills - even an enclosed garage is FREEZING!!!!

9. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Nobody said it was going to be comfortable, just AWESOME....!;)

10. XD40FAN

XD40FAN

;z Thats true. Sometimes grilling/baking/cooking in general truly is one of the "Manly Arts"!