close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fixed Glock 30's Sticky Trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Short Cut, May 30, 2002.

1. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

I had something that was driving me crazy with my G30 that I fixed last night. The safety portion of my trigger would sometimes get stuck on the first shot and couldn't be pulled with full finger strength. Pretty serious problem if you think about it. When it would stick the only way to make it fire was to release and regrasp the trigger.

Last night I stripped the gun down and discovered the culprit of the safety sticking. It was the upper rear portion of the safety portion of the trigger. It has a little "L" shaped head at the top. When the lower part of the trigger would hang very far forward the L shaped part dropped free of its housing or slot in the main trigger.

To fix the problem I got my dremel tool and a very small grinding bit and at the 90 degree junction of the L shape I ground down the little nib so that the fisrt part of the upper safety trigger to enter its slot was now angle at about 45 degrees rather than 90. This made it look like the left half a capitol "Y". Then I cleaned it up a little with a small exacto blade. It's kinda hard to explain in words but if you have ever had this problem take a look at how the upper part of the safety trigger fits inside of the main trigger and you will be able to see what I'm talking about.

I took the G30 to the range today and the safety trigger worked flawlessly. Yea! ;a

2. kshutt

kshutt

I had the same identical problem that you are describing with that lousy grooved G30 "target" trigger. I replaced it with a G21 smooth-faced trigger. Many G30 owners replace theirs, as well. I ordered it from TopGlock. I don't know how much you've shot yours yet, but the smooth trigger is SO much more comfortable. :cool:

3. hkmp5rocks

hkmp5rocks

I did the same to my 30, put the smooth trigger in and what a difference it has made! I liked it so much I put the smooth trigger in my 19.