Fix front night sight?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by wrangler5, Jan 13, 2010.

1. wrangler5

wrangler5

My G26 came with factory night sights, and now after about a year (and several thousands of rounds) the front one is loose. Unlike the Meps I installed myself on my G19s with hex head screws, the factory front appears just to have a plastic shank that is swaged into the oval hole in the slide. Is there a do it yourself fix to tighten the sight back up or does it need factory attention?

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

If it's a night sight, it would not have any plastic parts. It's probably staked on, and trying to re-stake it doesn't tend to work well.
    [​IMG]

Best to send the slide back to Glock (just the slide) for repair, I would expect it'll have a new front sight...probably screwed on.

The other option would be to buy a new front sight from Ameriglo or Brownell's and install it yourself.

3. wrangler5

wrangler5

Right you are - when I get better light on it, I can see it's staked. I'll contact Glock about sending it back. After I shoot my club's IDPA match with it this weekend.

4. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

If you can find an armorer locally he can get the sight, or maybe have one on hand and install it for you. Then you don't have to be without your slide and pay for shipping. Try that first.

:wavey:

5. ranger56528

ranger56528

I noticed when I recived my G26 with Night Sights that there was a redish orange piece of rubber sticking out the right side of my front sight,I took a tweezers and pulled,yep rubber,so I took a razerblade and cut it off....It was maybe a 1/16 tall and 1/8 in long,should of took a picture but didnt think much about it........Thought it was just away they kept the sight snug.

6. wrangler5

wrangler5

When I called Glock about service they said they will just send me a new one with a screw - after verifying that I have the tool to tighten it (which I do, from installing Meprolights on other Glocks.) No charge. Can't beat THAT for customer service.

Of course I was instructed to dispose of the radioactive material in the old sight in a responsible manner. Does that mean calling in the EPA SWAT team? I assume it does not mean taking it to a battery or motor oil recycling station, but just where DO you dispose of radioactive materials these days?

7. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

That's great that they're sending you one, front sight install is a breeze with the right tool.

As for where to dispose you got me there, I have yet to replace night sights, the night sights I have installed so far have replaced the factory standard sights.

:headscratch:

8. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Call your gun shop--I'm sure they have special protocols for disposal. :upeyes:

--Ray