close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Five to Glock engaging targets order?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Soylent Green, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Soylent Green

Soylent Green

What order do people normally shoot this? 25 yard target first, then 20,15,10,5 or the other way? In my limited amount of practice I have found that I do better if I start with the 5 yard target and go up. My targets are bankers boxes sitting on the ground, but the layout is the same.

Yes, I am new to GSSF. I will most likely be attending my first match in Topton, PA in August. Any thoughts on a good order for Glock 'M would be helpful also.

2. Contrail

Contrail

I remember reading a post on this forum that suggested shooting the targets from right to left. The order should be 5, 15, 25, 20, and 10 yards (if I remember the setup correctly). I tried that this year and really liked it.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

All targets are the same height (hint).

Most of the pros shoot them righ to left: 10, 20, 25, 15, 5 yards, slowing down a bit on the 20 and 25, speeding up on the 15 and 5.

4. Soylent Green

Soylent Green

Right to left would make a lot of sense if they are all the same height. My practice with boxes on the ground, does not give a very good representation of what it really looks like I guess. Thanks for the tips.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Check out the tips from the pros sticky, it covers this and many other items of the competition that will help you. :)

6. Contrail

Contrail

I meant to say left to right. The thread mentioned by Fireglock is where I read about that technique. There is some great stuff in there, it (and a lot of practice) has helped me improve my score.

7. Fireglock

You were right the first time Contrail. Many shooters, myself included use the right to left technique. TJC has certainly used it to good advantage over the last few years!

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I shoot them left to right, or 5, 15, 25, 20, 10. After rying many combos that seems to work best for me.

9. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..strong side to weak side (if your right handed, right to left; left handed;left to right). Would recommend that you do the other stages the same also, especially the plates.

Jay

10. Soylent Green

Soylent Green

Thanks everyone. I think I will go right to left on the plates and Five to Glock. What about Glock 'M? Do you save the popper(s) for last or do you work them into your right to left sequence?

11. Fireglock

Personally on the "M" I shoot the right D-1 then the first steel and then the other three D-1s. Second string I shoot the first two D-1s the center steel then the last two D-1s. Third string I shoot 3 D-1s the last steel and then the last the D-1. I shoot right to left.

12. Glockshot

Glockshot

I remember at Anderson the Fireman suggested that I shoot the strings from right to left as I'm right handed and it helped that day and in my practicing I do the same.I also read where it's better to go that way due to the recoil which is moveing the gun in that direction anyway.
    I found it hard at first being an AMERICAN we go left to right on everything. :)