Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was about to make a thread that is sort of related to this topic.

I'm looking to purchase a wasr 10 this weekend at my local gun show. The going rate for them seems to be in the 700 range. If Hillary is elected will this price go up to 1k+ by this weekend??!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was about to make a thread that is sort of related to this topic.

I'm looking to purchase a wasr 10 this weekend at my local gun show. The going rate for them seems to be in the 700 range. If Hillary is elected will this price go up to 1k+ by this weekend??!
I don't want to guess. This will be pretty much an emotional response. I'll never forget after the Sandy Hook tragedy, a little old lady fervently clutching a .22 pistol and a couple of boxes of ammo, in line at my local LGS. Something similar happened after Obama's election in 2008.
It could go either way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have never tried to purchase after a major political/social event. I have a feeling I am going to walk into the show and the price will be double what I am expecting to pay.

·
Right wing nut
9,448 Posts
I see a Tavor on the list. It's on my list but pretty far down. I can't get excited for a bullpup.

:dunno:

·
NRA Life Member
69,032 Posts
It's hype. There probably WILL be a panic, if Hillary is elected. That's just human nature. The reality is her powers are limited.

It's ALWAYS a good time to buy a firearm! ;)
All she has to do to eliminate the 2nd Amendment from the constitution is get elected. No further action required. If Thomas retires, like he said he would, she has an instant anti-gun majority on the Supreme Court that can change the 2nd Amendment from an individual right, to the right of your state government to form a militia, with the stroke of a pen. Clinton has made it clear she supports that view. There is nothing Congress can do about it.

The only thing that can prevent that, is Thomas deciding not to retire, or a Republican president nominating 1 or more pro-gun justices.

·
Señor Member
10,487 Posts
A WASR-10 for $700? :shocked: I guess it makes sense. Ammo is probably double what it was 10-12 years ago, no?

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
I have my eye on a Ruger Alaskan in 44 Mag.

·
Registered
828 Posts
All she has to do to eliminate the 2nd Amendment from the constitution is get elected. No further action required. If Thomas retires, like he said he would, she has an instant anti-gun majority on the Supreme Court that can change the 2nd Amendment from an individual right, to the right of your state government to form a militia, with the stroke of a pen. Clinton has made it clear she supports that view. There is nothing Congress can do about it.

The only thing that can prevent that, is Thomas deciding not to retire, or a Republican president nominating 1 or more pro-gun justices.
Thank you, Mary Sunshine, for THAT ray of hope ;)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It will be a cold day in H3ll, before I hand them in, because I lost all of them in a tragic boating accident.

Reactions: gamecocks

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Yup I believe WHEN an Assault Weapons Bill gets passed they will expect everyone to turn them in...
If that actually happens they sure would and by then gun registration would be mandatory and at least any purchases made after gun registration would be in a federal database plus those provided by FFLS with the 4473 they have which they would gladly do, given the penalties for not doing such (long time in federal prison,etc) , and would be generously compensated for their time involved. Like Australia they would have an "amnesty" turn in period for those that did not register their's and after that very harsh penalties if it is found someone has an unregistered firearm.

I am not indicating someone should not buy a firearm or more for themselves but IMO those buying for investment reasons most likely will be extremely dissappointed.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
It will be a cold day in H3ll, before I hand them in, because I lost all of them in a tragic boating accident.
And not reporting them lost will be a felony like it already is in many places including Crook County Illinois. Found possessing or using a firearm that you reported lost/stolen, even in self defense, would be a very very bad thing.

I certainly not hoping such would ever happen but it is a possibility.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Obama showed the way for gun confiscation by abusing the privilege of Executive Order. Don't think that Hillary won't try this. All it takes is a sympathetic liberal judge and it's as good as law.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts