Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Goth
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... what is all involved in fitting a glock barrel?

I know the hood has to be fit, and the lug height underneath, but is that it?

It's one of the few things I haven't tried on a glock yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
Glock barrels are made as a "drop in" part and do not need to be fitted.

·
Resident Goth
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not all of them. KKM, Bar-sto, Jarvis all make oversize barrels that require fitting.

·
Pass the ammo
713 Posts
Tim, the lack of free barrel fitting info on the web is amazing, I have searched.
Supposedly Barsto sells a VHS/DVD that covers the process very well.

·
Resident Goth
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess if I wanted to pay for a video, I'd just pay someone to fit it for me.

I don't think it could be so complex I can't figure it out.

There was a thread awhile back about fitting barrels, but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There's something about filing the barrel hood and locking lugs. Matt of CGR should be chiming in soon....:)

G

·
I am yet to see the need for vertical fitting of a Glock barrel. The stock barrel returns to the same position every time. Horizontal fitting - yes.

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you pm coloradoglocker or nicke10mm they can walk you through it. It's actually a very simple procedure that shouldnt take you more than 10-15 minutes with a small file.

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
Originally posted by TimWarner
Not all of them. KKM, Bar-sto, Jarvis all make oversize barrels that require fitting.

I was refering to Factory Glock Barrels as your initial post says nothing of aftermarket parts.

·
Resident Goth
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I shouldn't assume that since I was asking about fitting a barrel, responders would be smart enough to figure out that I am indeed trying to fit an oversize(which would have to be aftermarket) barrel.

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
Originally posted by TimWarner
I guess I shouldn't assume that since I was asking about fitting a barrel, responders would be smart enough to figure out that I am indeed trying to fit an oversize(which would have to be aftermarket) barrel.
Wow, that is indeed a nice way of calling me stupid. :frown:

Omitting any facts from a post can create confusion and misunderstanding and your response is not appreciated especially since I was trying to help you. :soap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts