Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to start a holster collection. Hoping to get lucky and get it right the first time. Looking for my first IWB holster. I think I narrowed it down to either Detroit Holsters "8mile" or Vedder Light tuck. It's for my new G43 with crimson trace Laserguard. There is a decent price difference between the two, but I don't mind paying a little more for a local company (I'm in metro Detroit area) if it's a quality product. Reading as many threads as possibly, the Vedder seems like a winner. Should I even consider the Detroit Holster.

Is there that much difference to justify a $85 vs. $55 for a Kydex holster. They all pretty much look the same to me.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You're going start a holster collection, there is no way around it.

It's amazing how much difference there is in the design of kydex holsters. What's comfortable for one person is agony for another.

My advice: shop the forum here for used holsters. Also, GT user the_punisher is currently making and selling very nice holsters for a very reasonable cost.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
I really don't want to start a holster collection. Hoping to get lucky and get it right the first time. Looking for my first IWB holster. I think I narrowed it down to either Detroit Holsters "8mile" or Vedder Light tuck. It's for my new G43 with crimson trace Laserguard. There is a decent price difference between the two, but I don't mind paying a little more for a local company (I'm in metro Detroit area) if it's a quality product. Reading as many threads as possibly, the Vedder seems like a winner. Should I even consider the Detroit Holster.

Is there that much difference to justify a $85 vs. $55 for a Kydex holster. They all pretty much look the same to me.
I like the Alien Gear holsters. The price can't be beat. I carry a G27 for my EDC and with the Alien Gear holster at 4 o'clock I almost forget it is there. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Larry T,

I'm hoping somewhere 3-4 position.
That's where most new carriers start, with hybrids like Alien Gear, Crossbreed, etc. I did the hybrid at 4:30 for about a minute when I started and almost immediately moved to 3:00. I used a Raven Concealment Eidolon at 3:00 before switching to appendix - still using the Eidolon and also a PHLster Classic.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Over the past ~7 years, I've had a Crossbreed horsehide, a Theis horsehide and a Stealthgear Revolution. I like the SG Rev the best.

·
Registered
148 Posts

I don’t have a Vedder for my Glock 19 but I have one for my Sig.
The Vedder Light Tuck IWB. Super comfortable great Belt clip. I plan on getting one for my Glock after the holidays.
I have quite a few more handguns on my wishlist and Vedder will be my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
37,587 Posts
Where on your body do you plan to carry? It makes all the difference in the world as to holster selection.
Plus body type. What fits me may not fit you. You will probably buy more than one.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
There is only one way to not have a holster collection, buy one and stop shopping. In reality you will find things you don't like about what ever you buy and look for holsters that address the things that bother you the most. The more you know the more you look. Good luck with your search holsters are very personal, and subjective.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.