close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing GREEN Light

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by striderglock, Mar 14, 2003.

1. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

anybody use one of these before?? just picked one up, going to try it out tomorrow night on the crappie.

2. hcook

hcook

How'd you do with the crappies?

I've seen write ups on them, which were all good, but have never used one. Curious to know your experience.

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

well, i forgot the light.;t we used our lanterns and caught 2 nice ones and a few little'uns. going again this evening.:)

4. hcook

hcook

SG, did you do any good? I tried to wait, but I have an insatiable curiosity. :)

5. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

we decided to fish the afternoon up until dark. when we go again, probably this sat if weather permits, i'll email you.

we've caught 3 real nice crappie at our spot. they've been wierd this year, i don't know why we didn't catch anymore. they usually run in schools, small or large.

6. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

While fishing with a wheelchair-bound friend and my old roommate (I wasn't fishing much, they were) at night in a pond, I got curious (they were catfish and bass-fishing) having heard the various green-light stories, so I pulled out a full-size chem light (Cyalume) tied it a foot above the bait for the catfish and had them chuck it in. Nibbles and hits subsequently increased dramatically! :) (several per minute at least) though the fish were picky that night and refused to be caught, they were attracted to it. Tried it at a local lake a few weeks later against white bass and it helped nail a bunch of them.

The smaller-size Cyalumes would probably work a bit better.