close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Pic from my Fishing trip Sat.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mossy500camo, May 27, 2007.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Hi! Here's a fish pic from Sat May 26 2007. The pic is of a LArge ShellCracker caught at Yates Dam Tallassee Alabama. My nephew and I caught about 5 large bluegill and shellcrackers. And a total of about 20-25 bream and 2 small bass and 2 or 3 small catfish all were biting wigglers.

ps
    Well I couldnt get the other pics to load. So... I will try again later. But anyways heres's a pic of a nice shellcracker that Im trying to hold one handed just to show you how large this fish is. We got about 5 this size.:supergrin:

2. sfend002

sfend002

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

LOL! Do they get Bigger where you are?

We were using Ultra Light Weight Zebco 11 rod & reel combos, with Stren 4lb test line, that snapped when these bad boys hit. Those suckers fought like a they were giant Bass. Alot of Fun!:thumbsup:

They had to weigh in over a pound or two. I have more pics. But they wont load for some reason. I will try again later.

4. sfend002

sfend002

HaHa! I am just kidding. That looks like fun, I am jealous!

5. noway

noway

Nice seeing a redear ;) what where you using for bait? They are running down here on small crickets. Crappie JIgsheads and bright color bodys have been hit and miss, mainy miss. They are doing fine on live cickets and cut worms.

6. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Wigglers!:thumbsup:

ps
    We caught a Redear, Bluegill and Yellow bellies a couple small Bas and catfish. GREAT DAY of Fishing!:thumbsup:

7. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Looks good, mossy dude....good eatin', too.

Some years back, me and my bro -in-law caught some redear that were dinner plate sized...out of a small farm pond that hadn't been fished in nearly 20 years...great fun.

Good luck, sir...

( BTW, I caught a 5 pound largemouth and a few 3pounders last weekend...yeah, baby !! )

aye am out ;)

8. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

thepope, Thanks for the reply! Oh yeah those babies were some good eatin'.:)

We caught several from a small resvouir (spell check).

Yup! The bass were tearing it up around here too. But as of late, they have sorta slacked off some. Bream and catfish are biting really good.

ps
    I was going today. But the nephew (he has the boat) is taking his bossman from work and his wife this weekend. So I will have to sit at home or maybe fish from the bank.:thumbsup:

9. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I would actually rather fish for shellcracker in the southeast... A lot of fun..

Some of my best childhood memories revolve around getting on a bed of shellcracker/bream/bluegill, and filling a cooler with them..

I can also really enjoy a meal of these, because you have to take your time and eat around the bones, so I actually slow down and enjoy the meal.. FWIW, I'm a compulsive, military-trained "speedeater"..

10. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

I know that's right! :thumbsup: