·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Friday, October 4, 2019

OHP 50 lbs 3X5. Good +2
Squat 145lbs 2X5 Good +5
Deads 180lbs 1X5 Good +5

Backed off due to missing workouts. Great workout tonight.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,468 Posts
Go slow. Overdoing it can cause muscle damage and lead to kidney problems.

Rhabdomyolysis is a serious syndrome due to a direct or indirect muscle injury. It results from the death of muscle fibers and release of their contents into the bloodstream. This can lead to serious complications such as renal (kidney) failure. This means the kidneys cannot remove waste and concentrated urine.Mar 13, 2019
Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments - WebMD

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/rhabdomyolysis-symptoms-causes-treatments

muscle tissue breakdown results in the release of a protein (myoglobin) into the blood. Myoglobin can damage the kidneys.
Symptoms include dark, reddish urine, a decreased amount of urine, weakness, and muscle aches.
Early treatment with aggressive fluid replacement reduces the risk of kidney damage.
This can be misdiagnosed. My son went to an urgent care and they thought he had missed his meds based on the physical symptoms ( He suffers from anxiety and depression and he appeared impaired). Ended up in emergency and a week in the hospital.

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wednesday Oct 16, 2019

Squat 135 lbs 2X5 Easy +5lbs

Took a week of.

Reactions: BradD

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Wednesday 23 Oct 2019

OHP 47lbs 3X5. Add 3lbs
Squats 135lbs 2x5 Add 5lbs
Deads 175lbs 1X5 Add 5lbs

Great comeback workout. Hope to be more consistent.

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Friday, Oct 25 2019

Squats 140lbs 3X5. Add 5lbs
Bench 85lbs 3X5 Add 5lbs

Weights slid off bar during last rep of squats.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
USE COLLARS! seriously, very dangerous w/out them. they make spring loaded ones for the olympic bar..............or take the time to screw them on if you have that set-up. attempting to recover your balance can cause injury. rant off.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Friday, Oct 25 2019

Squats 140lbs 3X5. Add 5lbs
Bench 85lbs 3X5 Add 5lbs

Weights slid off bar during last rep of squats.
Glad that you seem to be uninjured from this mishap. Like varget said: collars! If the gym has inconvenient ones then bring your own spring loaded ones in your gym bag. They cost very little.

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Glad that you seem to be uninjured from this mishap. Like varget said: collars! If the gym has inconvenient ones then bring your own spring loaded ones in your gym bag. They cost very little.
I got overconfident. Heading back home to get my high quality compression collars.

Attachments

·
Banned
596 Posts
I never use collars but...If there is a reason to use them, use them. Your dead lifts are getting to respectable. Good Job.

Your bench is terrible, do you have shoulder injury?

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thursday, Oct 30, 2019

OHP 50lbs 3X5 Good +2lbs
Squats 145lbs 2X5 Ok. Repeat?
Deads 180lbs 1X5 Good! Grip strong without powder. Add 5lbs.

Used my fancy collars. One less thing to be worried about.

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I never use collars but...If there is a reason to use them, use them. Your dead lifts are getting to respectable. Good Job.

Your bench is terrible, do you have shoulder injury?
My elbow tendons are crap. They will become inflamed and useless if I increase weight too fast. Lifelong issue. Goal is a body weight bench. May take up to a year.

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Well he's a cancer survivor, so there's that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having cancer took a big toll on my walk around energy, and to a lesser extent, workout recovery time. I think I’m about 90% recovered but boy, I can certainly use that missing 10% !! :)

Reactions: BradD

·
Registered
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Do you use collagen? If not do. Collagen is a very good friend. It will cost $20ish and will remove your pains.
Collagen for tendinitis?

41 - 60 of 103 Posts