Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a Glock 27 last week after doing quite a bit of research. I was looking for a CCW piece to replace a full size auto. I had shot D/A pistols before but not the Glock. I must say after 150 rounds tonight including 50 rounds of Hornady hollow points I am quite impressed. I have to practice more to get used to the pistol but she performed flawlessly. The only addition I made to the pistol was the GAP floorplates. I will carry her in a Minotaur MTAC. I may upgrade sights but not sure to what just yet. Any suggestions on a front sight I may be able to pick up better with my 45 year old eyes?

·
Registered
76 Posts
enjoy! Any issues shooting to the left? Most first time glockers have that issue. Usually trigger control is the problem.

as for sights, do a search. Tijicon, tru glo TFO, and XS big dots are popular. I just ordered the tru glos since they are BRIGHT!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
enjoy! Any issues shooting to the left? Most first time glockers have that issue. Usually trigger control is the problem.

as for sights, do a search. Tijicon, tru glo TFO, and XS big dots are popular. I just ordered the tru glos since they are BRIGHT!
We have a winner! yes I was shooting left but I was able to improve.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Big Dots have done wonders for me, and I have a lot of mileage.

Glowing night sights are wonderful to look at, but I seldom do night shooting where I actually use sights.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy purchase. The gap floorplates are a must, I hear. Maybe look into a set of glock night sites. They're easy to pick up in the sun and at night. They're tennifer treated and offer a fifteen year to lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Good choice, i love mine. Where did you buy the gap floor plates?

·
The Mouth®
10,386 Posts
I have Tru Glo TFOs on my 30.

WAY better than XS big dots.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you wanna get the highest quality product that you can for your money, check out the thread I posted about TruGlo night sights.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Congrats. I have the gap floorplate on my 26 and love it. My favorite set of sights is the sevigny carry sights with tritium, model scy-11.

All the best

J

·
USA
84 Posts
picked up my 27 g4 last night great gun i like them all stock put glock nite site on mine

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congrats. G27 is my EDC. I have Ameriglo night sights on it. I have Warren tactical sights on my other glocks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts