Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new (to me) Springfield TRP and got it out to the range today for the first time. Absolutely flawless, no issues at all. Love the feel, balance, trigger, everything about it. I put 225 rounds through (50 each 230 gr FMJ Lawman, Independence, PMC and American Eagle) and 25 rounds of Federal HST 230 JHP without a hiccup. It would have been more but I grabbed the wrong box of 50 Gold Dots (9mm instead of .45) but overall I'm happy with today.

I'm amazed how thin and carry-able it is :wow:. Conceals better than my G30 but heavier. I could definitely carry this thing.

·
Problem Solved!
2,699 Posts
Congrats. I hope to find some .45s to shoot soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Premium Member
42,182 Posts
Congrats,........a good holster and belt will make a 1911 feel nonexistent!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Forgot to mention the 4 Wilson Combat (47D) magazines I bought locally; the mags that came with the gun were not OEM and went right into the trash. I love the Wilsons and they cycled flawlessly.

Congrats. I hope to find some .45s to shoot soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

We've had plenty of .45 ACP around here, along with a ton of .40SW. Hope you find some.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sweet TRP. Congrats!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the TRP. It's one of the best production 1911s on the market.

Bac, thank you. I read your buyer's guide so many times I could recite it from memory. Thanks for your effort there; it helped me with several comparisons and decisions.

Shooting the TRP today was an absolute pleasure; my first outing with any 1911. I've only owned Glocks in my recent return to shooting. 225 rounds without an issue. Paying that much for a gun (I know, but it's the most I've paid for a gun so far) was a big deal for me and I didn't want ANY FTEs, FTFs, etc. Obviously didn't have any. Nice gun. I'm happy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, a bit of an update is in order.

I loved the used TRP, but the sights were difficult for me to see, and a couple other minor issues lead me to start thinking....so I traded it in for the new TRP they had. They have a 30 day on used guns, no questions asked.

So I took my NEW TRP to the range today and put 400 rounds through it. Absolutely no failures, hiccups, issues or anything. Well, near the end of the session I felt a something on the web of my right thumb after a shot and looked down to see a grip screw, so I suppose that would be an issue but I didn't lose the screw, so no harm.

I love this TRP. Best groups I've ever shot. I picked up a Milt Sparks VMII and I think I've found a new EDC over my G30.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1,100 rounds downrange this week. Monday was 400 FMJ 230 gr of various brands. Tuesday another 400 of same and 20 230 JHPs

Thursday (I had to take a break) was 150 FMJ and then 150 rounds of JHP using 185 and 230.

Not an issue in any respect. Great gun.

I did learn one thing....take my gold ring off my right hand ring finger before shooting the TRP. The aggressive front strap checkering wore the gold off and "tipped" the teeth on a small section after the first day.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I love the TRP. Great to hear there have been no issues. That has been my experience as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts