Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always shot SSP thus far, but this match is only open to CCP and BUG

I'll be running my Gen 2 19 :) ... MM classification

Can't seem to find any rules info on whether extended magazine floor plates are allowed?

To be clear, they are not adding ammo capacity, just extra grip room in the front

·
Scottish Member
13,240 Posts
I do know aftermarket and user modified magazine floor plates are allowed.

I didn't like the standard M&P 9L plate and "dremeled" off the front keep the support hand index magazine angle similar to a Glock. I wrote IDPA/RR an email for clarification where it was determined to be within the rules since it didn't modify the gun. I think the next rule book included addressing this.

If it will fit in the box, and doesn't add the maximum allowed weight, I think it would be legal.

I was going to check the ever-changing rule book - but I can't seem to find it at the IDPA site. Seems pretty stupid you can't get the rulebook at the website.

Reactions: PattonWasRight

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know ... I was digging all over the IDPA site. One would think they would also include "examples of representative guns and allowed modifications include ... x, y and z."

But that would be too plain and simple evidentally

Also, given you're the only that responded thus far, tells me there's not a lot of folks in the know about all the rules & regs

Screw it ... I'll worry about it if I get a first place finish

·
NRA Life Member
69,067 Posts
I've always shot SSP thus far, but this match is only open to CCP and BUG

I'll be running my Gen 2 19 :) ... MM classification

Can't seem to find any rules info on whether extended magazine floor plates are allowed?

To be clear, they are not adding ammo capacity, just extra grip room in the front
"The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”." Rule 8.24(E).

Glock says a 19 is 4.99 inches high. Even if that includes a flat-base magazine, you aren't going to fit much of an extension into another 3/8."

Reactions: PattonWasRight

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”." Rule 8.24(E).

Glock says a 19 is 4.99 inches high. Even if that includes a flat-base magazine, you aren't going to fit much of an extension into another 3/8."
THANK YOU! That's all the room I'll need. I can dremel off a bit if needed, now that I know what the limit is. Thanks again and where'd you flush out that info from? Any links appreciated

·
NRA Life Member
69,067 Posts
THANK YOU! That's all the room I'll need. I can dremel off a bit if needed, now that I know what the limit is. Thanks again and where'd you flush out that info from? Any links appreciated
The IDPA rulebook and the IDPA web site.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The IDPA rulebook and the IDPA web site.
I guess I'm blind or spazzed on the browser "find", whatever, thanks brother

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, I'm blind apparentlh. The full info I need ...
8.2.4 Compact Carry Pistol Division (CCP) Handguns permitted for use in CCP must: A. Be semi-automatic. B. Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges. C. Barrel length 4 3/8" or less. D. The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less. E. The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
I know ... I was digging all over the IDPA site. One would think they would also include "examples of representative guns and allowed modifications include ... x, y and z."

But that would be too plain and simple evidentally

Also, given you're the only that responded thus far, tells me there's not a lot of folks in the know about all the rules & regs

Screw it ... I'll worry about it if I get a first place finish
We quit following their rules when they got crazy. We just run by basic rules and have fun. Over the 15 years I've shot IDPA they made many changes, but none ever added to the game. Complications are for watches not matches.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Well, and that's all fine, but you can't call it an IDPA match. There are hundreds of very challenging local action matches around the country that are not IDPA or USPSA.

·
Premium Member
22,844 Posts
We quit following their rules when they got crazy. We just run by basic rules and have fun. Over the 15 years I've shot IDPA they made many changes, but none ever added to the game. Complications are for watches not matches.
I agree, their rules keep moving so far away from the spirit of the sport. The one second per point down rule is insane. If shooter A can hit two down 1s in 1.2 seconds, and shooter B can get a single down 0 hit in 1.2 seconds, Shooter A will win.

The reasoning given for the down 1 is we must be responsible for every shot taken, yet there is generally no penalty for a complete miss. Want to make it really interesting? Make it .10 for each point down, and make everything limited Vickers. That would truly make you accountable for your shots.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, their rules keep moving so far away from the spirit of the sport. The one second per point down rule is insane. If shooter A can hit two down 1s in 1.2 seconds, and shooter B can get a single down 0 hit in 1.2 seconds, Shooter A will win.

The reasoning given for the down 1 is we must be responsible for every shot taken, yet there is generally no penalty for a complete miss. Want to make it really interesting? Make it .10 for each point down, and make everything limited Vickers. That would truly make you accountable for your shots.
Overall, I feel IDPA does a good job of helping balance speed & accuracy ... it's definitely made me a better shooter, both in competition and I absolutely feel more confident should the worst happen

Shooting a -1 on each of two shots, with a raw time of 1.2 seconds bumps you up to a final time 3.2 seconds, so I'm not following your example

I could shoot 0's for two shots in 3 seconds, and beat you, because I traded some speed for accuracy

Complete misses add 5 seconds to your time, def enough to kill your chance of finishing in the top spots

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
The spirit of the sport was a new game that a famous IPSC shooter named Bill Wilson and his homies invented because they thought USPSA had become too much of a shooting game (which it is and supposed to be) and they wanted to return to Coopers roots. But IDPA is just another shooting game, with rules, and they change from time to time. You guys probably don't remember when it was 1/3 points down, way back in the beginning of IDPA. HQ thought that was too fast so they changed it to 1/2 point down. Personally I like the USPSA hit factor (points earned minus penalties/divided by time spent). And its a winner take all, if you have a stage win in your division, you get all the points even if you did not earn them.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
The change from half to full seconds was unnecessary, but not a deal breaker. The stupid head circle was a bigger issue. The target head was already smaller than an average human head. No reason to make a good head shot -1 all of a sudden.
Fault lines were a bad idea too. Not only because they don't work well for pieing corners, but they make changing stages at an indoor match extra complicated.
CCP was a useless division to add.
Changing the classifier scores and then the whole classifier was stupid after all this time.
Combining SSR and ESR was really stupid.
Allowing full competition magwells on 1911s .

Just in general they are charging things for the worse.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm newer to it, so take my input accordingly, but with regards to the head zone, I'm 100% for it

You really can make some non lethal headshots

So having about a 3" circle at the eye/nose area is good training. Most of us can make that shot when we're standing, at ease, without a clock ticking etc, but in competition with the clock ticking, it becomes an even better differentiator

For those that aren't as sharp, it adds a second, and to me, that's 100% appropriate

I think the rules about handling reloads with / without empty mag are the ones that I'd like to change

·
Premium Member
22,844 Posts
Shooting a -1 on each of two shots, with a raw time of 1.2 seconds bumps you up to a final time 3.2 seconds, so I'm not following your example
In the "real world", which IDPA is "based on", if shooter A hits you in the down C before you get your shot off, you're already at a severe disadvantage, and likely not to get that down zero shot / "win" the engagement. Speed is just as important as accuracy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts