Glock Talk banner

First time gun owner - g30s

725 Views 16 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  ruffterrain
Better late then never, right. Bought the G30S, took classes, earned my Permit To Carry in Ramsey County, Minnesota. Hoping to learn more from you guys and ladies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
45,276 Posts
Welcome to GT.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome: You made a great choice for your first firearm. The 30 in any of its incarnations is great, you're going to love that one. :supergrin:

· Registered
460 Posts
I have a 30S with Meprolight night sights. It runs the OEM "minus" trigger connector and the grip has rubber Talon grips. The magazine bases run the Pearce PG30 to complete the grip at the next logical finger position. I just ordered the Vickers extended mag catch.

A unique thing about the 30S is that the upper is from the single stack 36 and the lower is the 30SF Gen 3 frame. What I've done was found a 36 lower on Gunbroker to mate to my upper for those times when I want a supper slim gun for IWB carry. I found a few of the rare/discontinued Pearce 7 round extended mags. So between both frames and the 6, 7 and 10 round mags, it's a very versatile platform (this is the only Glock model that can go from single to double stack in a few seconds). Next up is some 13 round mags from the 21 model.

Ammo choice for me for SD is the Federal HST +P. The 30S loves them and these are VERY accurate/reliable. Welcome to the 30S club. This is one gun you won't regret buying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.