GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pinky Out
59,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great Thanksgiving day!

The weather was great, no drama going on in the news, the Macy’s Parade to start the day, and Disney’s Holiday Celebration to wrap it up.

I hope all had a great day and this great vibe continues through Christmas.

Happy Holidays GT! :cheers: :wavey:

·
Mentally Frozen
25,677 Posts
:cheers::eat:

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
I cant wait for Christmas so I can watch 'A Christmas Carol'. Lots of happy memories when watching. Of course I can watch about 10 different versions on Amazon Prime right now but its not the same as watching it at Christmas time. I will also watch the 'shoot your eye out' movie earlier on the same day.

/

·
Pinky Out
59,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant wait for Christmas so I can watch 'A Christmas Carol'. Lots of happy memories when watching. Of course I can watch about 10 different versions on Amazon Prime right now but its not the same as watching it at Christmas time. I will also watch the 'shoot your eye out' movie earlier on the same day.

/
I feel like such a putz watching Charlie Brown but somehow it happens every year....

This morning I was thinking I should watch Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas this year.

·
Come on man!!
14,733 Posts
Bah-Hum-Bug and **** your holidays!

Ok, not really, but this GT and someone needed to be obstinate.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Mine was spent alone, the wife worked, the kids went to their grandparents, and I had some me-time. Tomorrow is our big feast.

And every American should enjoy A Charlie Brown Christmas.

A Christmas Story is my favorite...

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
I watched the dog show too. Anyone see the golden retriever that got distracted? Pretty funny. Something caught his eye.

·
Firm member
29,879 Posts
I watched for about an hour.

I liked the pics of dogs in the audience and all the dogs just so happy to be there!
Unlike Macy's and NBC, the kennel club handled the show very, very well and it was a nice change. One of our traditions at the house is to co-narrate the show (ala "Mystery Science Theater") with crude and sarcastic breed names. I nostrilled a beer when my wife said, "...and here we have the Alsatian Crotchinsniffer followed by the Tibetan Nadnibbling Mastiff. Things went south by the time they got to the toy breeds. HH

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Your wife is hilarious.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
All because jonesee likes the dog show I will never even let it play on again. In actuality I put the marathon of lampoons movies on today and made the best of covid thanksgiving. You can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant

·
Pinky Out
59,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:clown:

Reactions: Krustnutz

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
If you have a parade and nobody comes out to watch, did you really have a parade?

Spent the day TV free, put Classic Rock on the smart tv, cranked it up through the house and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Mrs Dood, myself and my daughter must have sang along to at least 50 tunes. No telling how many we did as individuals. :music:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
We made a call on a guy last night who passed out while knocking the bottom out of his old lady. She was trapped under him for a little bit before she could get to her phone and call 911. Don’t take dick drugs and blood pressure meds.

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
We made a call on a guy last night who passed out while knocking the bottom out of his old lady. She was trapped under him for a little bit before she could get to her phone and call 911. Don’t take dick drugs and blood pressure meds.
:laughabove:

Reactions: jimcorbin
1 - 20 of 21 Posts