First tattoo...?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gokyo, Nov 16, 2019.

1. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers No Stock Glock's

FIND A GOOD ARTIST! AND LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! A good Tattoo artist is not CHEAP! My first was my Daughter's name and then it went a little farther than I had expected, and that one, now has turned into quite a bit of ink. I like it, my kid thinks it is cool Daddy has her name permanently on his arm, and the Girlfriend is definitely into it :banana:

So do your homework, and for Lord sake don't rush into it. There sorta permanent ya know.

Also I can wear a suit and not the first person would know I had any ink on me anywhere, like I am gonna wear a suit :animlol:so get it were you and your wife will be the only one's to see it if you're that worried.

Oh and wait on the ink on the knuckles, forehead, or ass....

Oh don't get women's names inked on ya, unless it's your kid, sometimes that doesn't turn out well, even tho yall may have been together for a long, LOOOONG time. ;)

2. Tyler Smith

Tyler Smith

Some people are old school and believe the way you stated. I read this and have heard this from numerous people but a lot of tattoos have meaning behind it and can be captured in a tattoo. And I didn’t question the doctor that was operating on my 3 year old when he was in the hospital that had two sleeves and I asked him about them when he was done and got the story and meaning about them. You would think someone in that field would be limited to work? What about the emts, firefighters, police that are there to protect and serve. The new era doesn’t judge or worry about the tattoos as much as they use too. Now I’m all for them and yes I have them and never had a problem with jobs owners/bosses worried about it. Most of the time it brings conversation and people wanting to know the stories behind them. My parents were the same way you stated your thoughts on the subject. If it can be covered if it’s a problem then that’s fine. I would never do it where it’s visible (neck, hands, etc.)

PhotoFeller and AdamRodgers like this.

3. AdamRodgers

:goodpost:

4. nmk

nmk

Scars tell better stories.

5. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

This. If it's for you, no need to look like a gang banger with tats on the fingers, neck or face.

6. nmk

nmk

[​IMG]

Welcome aboard!

MNBud likes this.
  7. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

I saw a lot of tattoos in the military. The new ones made me want one. After seeing old ones that had been exposed to the sun a lot made me skip the idea.

8. MNBud

MNBud

Dolphins on my chest were my latest tattoo, mine however were not gold.

9. nmk

nmk

I wanted to post the actual quote from Down Periscope, but I'm always a click away from getting banned.

Boo Berry likes this.
  10. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I've toyed with the idea of a sub screw for a tattoo, but doubt if it could be done "properly".

Did getting the Dolphins tattooed hurt as much as when your buddies "tacked" them on. Betcha' that old custom is frowned upon now, like "drinking your dolphins" when I was getting out.

slamdunc and AdamRodgers like this.
  11. DrewBone

DrewBone

Odd? And Obviously? I worked for 29 years for a well known Aerospace/Airframe company/Navy contractor who at the time employed 28,500 individuals, and in the course of that time period I got to meet many different people, from all avenues of life, from sweepers to VP's, and out of them all, it was the lily white people who were the most outspoken about those employees with tattoos. Many of these falsely perceived "miscreants with ink" were sleeved up Vietnam vets with ponytails running milling machines building parts for F-14, A-6, EA-6B, E-2C, EF-111, and other airframe parts 24 hours a day during one of three shifts. Of course these lily white people didn't have the balls to say anything to their faces, so they did it from the relative safety of their office cubicle or in the restroom on the second floor where the production guys couldn't over hear them...but I could.

The guys I met and befriended over the same time period who sported ink were just regular people making a living, and never had anything to say good bad or indifferent about those who didn't have tats, but I would on occasion hear them complain about being hassled and looked down upon for no reason - by the lily white white collar guys.

12. Syclone0538

Syclone0538

Yeah.

13. dartor

dartor

Hey Dartor, I assume your son is an Aries?[/QUOTE]

He was not an Aries but his favorite animal was a ram. When we went up on top of the mountain to scatter his ashes, there were a pair of rams laying next to the road watching us.

Helluva thing that was.

JGIORD, railfancwb, treg and 2 others like this.
  14. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Fine for pirates and women. And the extra 54 genders I suppose.:devilish:

treg likes this.
  15. Bradley T

Bradley T

That movie where that kid had "NO REGERTS" big and bold! :)

16. banger

banger

When I was a kid growing up in New Jersey, my best friends father had a tattoo....

A series of numbers running down his forearm...

Courtesy of the German Government...

No tattoos for me or mine.

17. Glockman4

Glockman4

I’ve thought about getting one several times but I always just end up buying another gun or something. Not a high priority for me.

Tattoos are like opinions and buttholes nowadays. Everybody’s got one. You’re more unique for not having any at this point.

Caver 60, railfancwb and treg like this.
  18. canis latrans

canis latrans

that's what I always told my daughter. She's 29 now.

if she has one, I don't know about it.

19. AdamRodgers

ARRRRRG!! ;)

20. Glockman4

Glockman4

Just about every other woman I've had "personal contact" with has them. Often multiples, in places that I know their fathers would not be happy about. Maybe she does maybe she doesn't. Don't want to burst your bubble there but I'm 27 and deal with women in the 22-29 range mostly.

As long as they don't have one on their face for the world to see I suppose its no harm no foul..

railfancwb likes this.