Mentally Frozen
29,123 Posts
Long live the Space Cadets!

Roger Wilko over and out.

·
Native Mainiac
24,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today's launch scrubbed do to weather. Oh well...I'm sure there was a lot of pressure to launch on the controllers, but looks like the protocols won out this time.

·
NRA Life Member
29,616 Posts
One thing I have never seen in the media is speculation on what the X-37 does.

I don’t know if I have missed it or people are just not speculating on its job.

:headscratch:

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Hey, where is John Luke and Troy?

·
Sneet
16,339 Posts

The AF has done a great job of keeping the X-37 on the DL. It seems to stay up for a couple hundred days at a time.

·
Native Mainiac
24,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It rendezvous with the alien flying saucers and gives Tang as payment for technological information. Little known fact, but Tang is like crack to those little green guys.

·
Mentally Frozen
29,123 Posts
Today's launch scrubbed do to weather. Oh well...I'm sure there was a lot of pressure to launch on the controllers, but looks like the protocols won out this time.
Well so much for that.

They need the Pony Express moto.
“Neither snow nor rain not heat nor gloom of night, stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Another branch of the service, more mouths looking for the same dollars. Not a good decision I believe. Couple that with the fact that coordination on the battlefield between just a few branches of service is chaotic at best and an outright a disaster at its worst, and now we throw in another branch with its high tech platforms, and I see it either being an orphan or being merged with either Nasa or the airforce some time in the future.

·
Giant Member
5,749 Posts
Does anybody think having another branch of the armed services a good idea?
Will it be a full blown branch or will it be more like a side gig for the Air Force?

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Top secret payload they said. Showed the aircraft on the news and said it had a secret satellite to launch.
Some top secret.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
They are under the dept of the air force. Kinda like the navy/marines. Space marines?

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
8DF45101-4D20-4D48-9FEB-21FCBC6C9CFF.jpeg

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Another branch of the service, more mouths looking for the same dollars. Not a good decision I believe. Couple that with the fact that coordination on the battlefield between just a few branches of service is chaotic at best and an outright a disaster at its worst, and now we throw in another branch with its high tech platforms, and I see it either being an orphan or being merged with either Nasa or the airforce some time in the future.
The USSF is not really new. They basically took the Air Force Space Command and made it into another branch. It may pull a few missions from the Army and Navy, but launching of missiles, satellites, etc. was already predominately the realm of the USAF.

·
Registered
494 Posts

They just seem to send it up and let it orbit for a year or two but not much is ever said about exactly what it does. I’m 100% guessing here but they are looking at effects of time in space on reusable aircraft. It probably conducts some experiments that we don’t want to do on the ISS that could be seen by other countries.

The X37 was designed to study reusable spacecraft but when DARPA took over about 15 years ago they tend to release very little info about what they will use this for. We will find out in 30-40 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts