Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a LEO trade-in Glock 23 Gen 4. Lately, I’ve been mainly shooting my Glock 22 LEO trade-in that I’ve had a couple of years now. Back from my first range trip and it performed without any issues. 50 rounds of S&B 180 grain FMJ, 50 rounds of Blazer 165 grain FMJ, and one mag of WWB 180 grain JHP’s.

There’s a bit more kick to the 23 than my 22. I had a 27 years ago and I would say they felt similar in recoil. I thought the 23 might be closer to the 22. Or maybe I’m just getting old.

In any event, if I took my time I could stay around the X area at 5-7 yards. And if I was shooting fast, I could maintain the bullseye target area, including with one hand. Just a few flyers here and there. So, for self-defense, it was plenty accurate. For strict target practice, not as much.

Funny, that Hickok45 guy makes the 23 seem like a cream puff. I’m going to need to practice a bit more.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Once I get any hotter than 9mm I have to really focus on keeping my weight forward and my arms more or less locked out. Picking up a 21 Wednesday, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat you are ;)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve mainly been shooting “soft shooting” 9’s since Christmas - CZ’s that are heavy and accurate. During the ammo shortage, I’ve been shooting .40 out of my G22. I took my G17 one trip for comparison and found that the 22 wasn’t hard to shoot at all in comparison to the 17. But going down a bit in barrel length, grip length and weight with the 23 made things a bit more stout.

But fun too. It’s good to have a goal and my goal is to shoot the 23 more accurately and carry it daily. So far, the pistol performed flawlessly with target ammo and defensive ammo. The rest is up to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A few months ago I decided to go all in on the 40. I have a 22, 23 and a 27. I spent too long going from one caliber to another and back again. I want to get good at shooting a caliber instead of mediocre with several.

That 23 is a strong choice. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that the 19/23 size gun is a “compact”, though among today’s tiny carry pistols it is considered more of a mid-size gun now. But when you’ve been shooting nothing but full size CZ’s and Glocks, the 23 feels small in comparison.

In anticipation of carrying the 23, I’ve been carrying my full size Glocks over the last week while walking the dogs. That way the 23 will feel a bit smaller and lighter in comparison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts