Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally got some time off work and despite the overcast sky and 40 degree weather in northern Indiana, I headed to a range at the local state park. (Roush Lake)

This was the 'maiden' shoot for the G19 I acquired last week, so I was pretty excited to finally start tossing lead...errrrrrrrr, FMJ, I have heard not to toss lead from everyone. :supergrin:

I took 100 rounds of Federal Champ and 50 rounds of WWB -- all 115 grain FMJ -- I had bought at Walmart. Blew through all but 10 rounds of it. Now sure why I didn't use the last ten, but they will get their turn soon!

After my first mag, not only did I want to drink more Glock Kool Aid, I wanted to know where the garden hose was so I could set up the Glock Kool Aid bong! The thing shot like a dream. I got a little cocky with the next couple of mags and my shots started to drift low and to the left, but that is my MO/problem. I know I need more discipline on the trigger and after some trail mix and a drink of water, I was back where I wanted to be. The overwhelming majority of my 100 shots on the silhouette were in the X, 10 or 9 ring. I've never shot like that before. Ever. Also managed to get about a dozen head shots, with a few missing the mark, striking the neck/collarbone area. All in all, I was very pleased with this weapon. It made it easy for me to hit the mark and that gave me confidence that I could, can and will improve my pistol marksmanship.

To summarize: Glock über alles!

Looking forward to continuing to improve my skills with this weapon.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Gotta love the 19!!!
If Gaston had stopped with the 17 and 19...and never made any other Glock models.....IMHO, he STILL would have made handgun history!!!
Glock and 9mm were a match made in Heaven!!!
Not to say there's anything wrong with Glocks in .40, .45, 357Sig, or 10mm (indeed, the G36 is my EDC!!!)....Just seems like Glock and 9mm are a "team" that's hard to beat.....like....Dolly and Porter....Lester and Earl...Amos 'n' Andy....you get the idea!!!:supergrin:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got a G19 RTF2 last week and used it in my USPSA match all went well... I followed up the next day at the range and I must say I wish I had not waited so long to get one... I started with a G23, then moved to a G17, and the G19 was just icing on the cake...

Congrats...

·
aka SuchxNxSuch
26 Posts
Congrats on the 19, I'm sure you'll love it... I love mine, lol

·
Retired police officer and retired holster maker
979 Posts
The 9mm is a great platform in the Glock. I convert my model 23 to 9mm once in a while for a fun range gun. With the great 9mm defensive ammo available today, the Glock 19 makes a great defensive pistol too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.