First Range Session with the new P365

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by chemboy, Feb 28, 2020.

1. yep380

yep380

Congrats, good report.

I’m all in on the P365. Having 10+1 onboard and 15rd spare mag makes for quite a carry package in a small and easily manageable configuration.

2. screwman

screwman

I like my 365. The factory night sights are god awful.

3. fistagon

fistagon

Now get you an XL frame to go on your regular 365. This is what I did and just had to buy 2 more.

The XL frame is the EXACT height as a G43 with the 6rd pinky extension mag.

Attached Files:

azbuckeye, chemboy and -JCN- like this.
  4. powernoodle

powernoodle

Yeah I don't think they are great. Everyone says how awesome they are, but they are fairly tiny to my eyeballs. That big, glowy front dot on the Hellcat is much better.

[​IMG]
    Hellcat.

yep380 and azbuckeye like this.
  5. chemboy

chemboy

I like the sights on the 365 thus far, at least for a sub-compact pistol? That being said, I would prefer Trijicon HDs(Red front) on it if they are available?

Deputydave and azbuckeye like this.
  6. jr24

jr24

Yeah, it's the hump on the back of the grip that gives Glock the notorious "Grip Angel" which is actually pretty close to the arched MSH on a 1911 as well.

Intolerant, azbuckeye and chemboy like this.
  7. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

Glad to hear you are enjoying your P365. I absolutely love mine. And, for the record... I think the sights on mine are fantastic. I like them better than the Trijicon HD's that are on my issued Glock 17 Gen 5 by a long shot. That big green dot on the front of the P365 just grabs my eye and puts me right on target quickly.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  8. yep380

yep380

They're great, in the dark. In the not-too-dark, not so much.

I ended up painting the front sight (the metal part, not the dot) with traffic cone orange nail polish. Works great in the daylight/dusk. Doesn't look great though. Not really concerned with looks.

Intolerant, chemboy and gh1138 like this.
  9. rotorhead1026

rotorhead1026

I just rented one and shot it and my PM9 together for comparison. The (excellent) Kahr trigger was a little better; overall the Sig shot slightly better. The difference wasn’t enough to give up the Kahr, but were I starting from scratch I’d likely choose the Sig.

Intolerant and chemboy like this.
  10. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

That picture is .... twisting my head off lol. I see what you're saying, and it goes against everything I've ever understood. Glocks certainly don't feel like the same grip angle as a 1911. And I tend to 'point shoot' a little high with a Glock, and not with a 1911. But I'm sure it's the 'glock hump' doing it, because that hump changes the wrist, while the frontstrap is more involving the fingers.

Whatever, after looking at your pics and some other I googled, I give. I'm gonna have to hold a p365 and try point shooting (or aiming) it a bit if possible. Now I'm wondering if its grip angle would work for me or not.

FWIW, I also have a Kahr pm9 like @rotorhead1026 in the post just above, and it also points shoots/aims dead-on for me. Like pointing my index finger.

Jeff S. likes this.
  11. Whittsailor

Whittsailor

Congress on the 365. Ive had mine since April 2018. It’s been reliable plus fun to shoot.

chemboy likes this.
  12. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Right. The way the gun points is largely determined by the backstrap profile. You can't just compare the interior angles between bore and frontstrap.

Obviously the Glock in that photo is going to present higher, if gripped in the same manner as the 1911.

Jeff S. and Grabbrass like this.
  13. DrewBone

DrewBone

I'm glad that you're happy with it!

chemboy likes this.
  14. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

I can't relate to this. For me, the X Ray 3 sights on the P365 are the most intuitive set of sights I have ever used and that is especially in the daytime. It is almost as if that big green dot on the front sight literally grabs my eyeball, and rolls it to the end of the slide in natural daylight. I can hit with the P365 like no other pistol.

If nothing else, it goes to show that we are all different and our vision works slightly different than one another's. Still, for ME... The P365 might be the ultimate pistol, and the sights play a considerable role in that.

15. Npowers66

Npowers66

I did the same thing this evening. Shoots great. Put 350 through 0 issues

chemboy, Intolerant and Deputydave like this.
  16. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I have to agree. When I carried my G26 it had the Trijicon HD night sights with the orange insert. I really came to like those sights and the bright orange. When I changed over to the P365 I was a bit concerned because I wasn't sure I'd like the green as much as the orange. I'm pleased to say, for me, they turned out to be fantastic. That green front sight is easy to pick up quickly and I like the overall sight picture for the front and back. I thing Sig did it right by offering these sights stock.

chemboy and Intolerant like this.
  17. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

+1. Recoil may be worse with a sub-compact 9mm than with the G30. Try it first.

18. Retiredguns

Retiredguns

Closing my eyes and drawing the 365 on something I had been focusing on always came up below the target. I shot low naturally as well. I am certain I could have gotten used to it, but my wrists felt unnatural. It was an accurate pistol no doubt. Shooting 1911s, Glocks and even the Hellcat is easier for me. I have never had or even shot a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing and I have been curious how they feel.

19. yep380

yep380

Maybe it’s my eyes? The sights look black to me in the daylight (front and rear). That’s why I painted the front orange. In darker light they pop right out.

20. seang23or32

seang23or32

Picked up a P365 with manual safety, first range trip with it tomorrow. Rented one a couple of times and have been able to shoot my father's a couple more so no surprises as far as how it shoots.

Feels pretty good in the 1791 leather IWB holster I bought a couple of years ago for a G43 so once I get 200 test rounds through it I am looking forward to carrying it.

I know I won't enjoy shooting it as much as my current favorite Gen 5 19 but 10 rounds in a small pistol will be nice to carry around all day.