Glock Talk banner

First post in new format

267 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Genesis
I've been here for a few years now but figured I'd try to get my membership rating a bit higher than 52% (whatever that means).

I'm 64 years old, a former MP sentry dog handler (69-71) and retired from a life of mass communications --- TV, newspaper, magazine, advertising, public relations, marketing. I now spend my time migrating back and forth between warmer and cooler climes with a bit of foreign travel mixed in.

As for shooting sports, I've given up all forms of hunting, mainly due to recent arthroscopic surgeries on both knees. That leaves action pistol shooting, which I try to do every month in IDPA club matches with a Glock or BUG matches with whatever I'm trying to appreciate at the time. I've bought and sold so many small revolvers and pistols in the last 10 years that I don't even want to think about it. Now that I've got my G43, I'll shoot it in a local IDPA match on June 13 and if it continues to function well, I'll probably sell my Gen 3 Glock 23 with a Lone Wolf 40-to-9 conversion barrel and either get another G43 and/or try to get used to a stainless steel Ruger LCP with the loooong trigger pull. The LCP would be almost strictly for pocket carry.

I can't envision the need for an AR or tactical shotgun, so my level of perceived threat is quite low compared to many on the Glock Talk forum and another one I visit on occasion. Personally, I avoid any place with a bad reputation and I'm usually in bed by 9 p.m. and up before dawn, which lowers my odds of stumbling into a violent encounter with drunk/stoned people or those might have assault/robbery in mind.

Be safe everyone and be as good as possible with your weapon of choice.
Reactions: PhotoFeller
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Welcome, snowbird. A true introduction - blessings to you and yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.