Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. First post, so everyone be gentle. Ive owned my glock 21 for a few years now and absolutely love it. Im looking to get another glock and have decided on the 19. At my local shop, i was able to look at the G19 RTF. I really like the grip and I think its the one for me. My question is, I know the 19 is a popular gun, but how about the RTF version? Anyone have any complaints? How does this model hold up when considering resale or something like that? i apologize for my ignorance, but I just wanna make sure im making the right decision before spending the money. Thanks in advance!

·
NRA Life Member
1,758 Posts
Wait a couple more months to see what the Gen 4 G19 will be like. Might be worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I do not have a RTF model. However, I love my G19. It's an excellent gun. When the new Gen 4 G19 makes it to the market and it is approved in California, I will be adding it to my collection.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree on waiting. The G19, G19RTF, 4Gen 19 aren't going anywhere. The changes are mostly cosmetic anyway. I saw a Gen 1 the other day and there's not a whole helluva lot of difference in any of 'em. Tweak here, tweak there. Pull the trigger, it goes bang. The bullet comes out the same end it always did. Hits the same way -- right where it's supposed to. Boring gun, really. That's why I own so many of 'em.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Got my g/f a G19 RTF2 a few weeks ago and got to shoot it a week later. That grip is something else. Coat the gun in axle grease and sever every tendon and ligament below your elbow and you could still hold onto it. And even with the added traction, it's not abrasive like grip tape. You sure won't get blisters on your hands or fingers from the gun moving around during range sessions.

The Gen4 has some pretty cool features, but I'd personally rather have an RTF2.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,572 Posts
If you like the way the grip feels then a RTF2 G19 is an outstanding pistol and you cannot go wrong by selecting it.

I have a 3rd Gen G19 and think that when my birthday rolls around in the fall I want to get another 19. But a regular 3rd Gen in Olive Drab, a RTF2 or a Gen4......who would have thougth "which G19" could be a hard choice?

·
Registered
254 Posts
1st was a G 27, 2nd was a G 22 RTF2, 3rd was a G 19 RTF2.

I love the RTF finish. I actually took some fine sandpaper to some of the spikes that were really rough and toned them down a little. I like the looks of the RTF2 over the Gen 4 finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts