Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey GT. I've been reading the forum for the last several weeks and I want to thank you for all your help. I waited to sign-up until I actually owned a GLOCK. I went with a blue label G19/Gen4 from Ed's through the GSSF purchase program. I picked it up today and fortunately my FFL wouldn't let me pay him anything, so my total purchase was $475.00.

My gun came with the 03 spring and was test fired on 08/10/10. I was somewhat surprised that it was test fired that long ago. Is that fairly normal?

I have racked the slide about 150 times so far and plan to leave the slide locked back for a few days until I can get to the range. I'm going to call GLOCK tomorrow and ask for the 04 spring. I will clean and lube the gun and start with 124 grain ammo. Any ammo recommendations would be appreciated along with any other advice for getting started.

Thanks again for the great forum and all your help.

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Hey GT. I've been reading the forum for the last several weeks and I want to thank you for all your help. I waited to sign-up until I actually owned a GLOCK. I went with a blue label G19/Gen4 from Ed's through the GSSF purchase program. I picked it up today and fortunately my FFL wouldn't let me pay him anything, so my total purchase was $475.00.

My gun came with the 03 spring and was test fired on 08/10/10. I was somewhat surprised that it was test fired that long ago. Is that fairly normal?

I have racked the slide about 150 times so far and plan to leave the slide locked back for a few days until I can get to the range. I'm going to call GLOCK tomorrow and ask for the 04 spring. I will clean and lube the gun and start with 124 grain ammo. Any ammo recommendations would be appreciated along with any other advice for getting started.

dood...first off, welcome aboard (I'm brand new here too), and I just got a G19 gen 4 from Ed's with the same test fire date! haha! Mine has the 03 spring as well, and I'm racking the slide like a madman and leaving it open whenever I can.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I bought both of mine new, my G27 4 months after the test fire date, and my G23 5 years after the test fire date.

·
Banned
466 Posts

Blue label are for discount pricing to LEA. Stop worrying about the internet myth and shoot the fire out of it and be careful. Mine likes Tulammo Russian steel cased ammo and eats it like candy.:wavey:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dood...first off, welcome aboard (I'm brand new here too), and I just got a G19 gen 4 from Ed's with the same test fire date! haha! Mine has the 03 spring as well, and I'm racking the slide like a madman and leaving it open whenever I can.
Thanks Man. I will be very interested to hear about your range trip since we have guns made at the same time. I'll post my results here when I purchase some ammo and hit the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts