First Match Q's

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Buoyboy, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

Howdy Folks,

I'm signing up for my first GSSF match and I had a few Q's. Forgive my laziness because I did not search for these answers already.

If I am active duty do I have to sign up for Guardian or is Civilain an option? If not, what are the advantages of Guardian over Civilian or vice versa?

I'm working as a RO and the Glock Report says that one option for RO's is to shoot one division for free. What are the other options? How do I indicate this on my registration form.

I'll be shooting a G34 and a G22 so I can hit 4 divisions.

Looking forward to my first match and I appreciate any answers you can provide,

Buoyboy

2. ede

ede

you can shoot AMGuard or AmCiv, AmGuard is usually the easier class to win, or has less shooters and the scores not as low as AmCiv. your other options would be a magazine of your choice or a knife. Can't remember if there's anything else for the ROs. It's on your Ro form and I tihnk the free class is for another match, i've always got a free mag.

3. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

Thanks for the answer. I found the GSSF phone number on the application - I'm going to call to see what the deal is. If I get no answer, I'll try for the magazine at the match.

4. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

I talked to GSSF today. Nice folks.

They said that I could shoot one division for free at this match.

Thanks again

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper New job, same me.

I like to think that is because we don't have the money or time to shoot as much as we need to in order to drop our times. I know that I have decreased my times by around 35 seconds in 4 matches. I have finished 4th twice in Am Guardian and 4th in one other class. I am patiently waiting for the results from the Mingus match.

Enjoy what ever match you shoot in.