Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be attending my first GSSF match this September in Missouri. Trying to decide whether to reserve the motel room for one night or two. I am planning on shooting four events and didn't know if I could do them all on Saturday or plan on staying to Sunday and finishing. Need suggestions!:cool:

·
just me
8,179 Posts
I will be attending my first GSSF match this September in Missouri. Trying to decide whether to reserve the motel room for one night or two. I am planning on shooting four events and didn't know if I could do them all on Saturday or plan on staying to Sunday and finishing. Need suggestions!:cool:
you can do 4 gun in a day but if you have the time and money do 2 on sat. and 2 on sun. :wavey:

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
you can do six in one day if you want. if you get signed up at each stage they'll stay until you're done. that shouldn't really happen unless you get there at the last minute to get your stickers.

·
Hilljack
2,635 Posts
I thought they'd only let you shoot 2 in a row, then you have to get back in line for the next two...
usually true. However at Indy my 4 pistols were seperated at the "M" by the RO. The shooter that was placed between my 2 "pairs" wanted to shoot with his teammates and I got to shoot all 4 back to back. No problem with me. I did see shooters shoot 3 pistols back to back at Indy without anyone else after the 2 pistol "rule". I was seperated at the plates also , but it was only by 1 shooter. Seems to be on how busy a particular stage is, or how the particular RO's run their stage.

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
if you shoot more than 2 you're suppose to have another shooter shoot then you shoot after him. still that has nothing to do with what i said, if you're signed up they'll let you shoot. that's how they can tell when it's time to pack up and go home, when all the shooters have shot based on who's signed up.

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you want to shoot all 4 in one day, I recommend you shoot on Sunday. Normally(not always) Sunday attendance is less so you have all the time you need. Like the others say, though, you can shoot all 4 on Saturday, also, but Sunday kind of is more laid back.
Good luck, have fun!
MLM

·
RIP Poom . . .
1,120 Posts
I've been to Missouri four times. Three times we got there between 8:30 and 9:00 - signed in and began shooting. All three of us were done with all stages by 10:30 and we each shot two catigories. The fourth trip (actually the first) we arrived around 11:00 and it took us till 4:00 to shoot all three stages and that year we each only shot one catgory - it was also up on top in the mud and that didn't help. The lower ranges are nicer and quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts