First Kershaw knife

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by R9S19, Jan 8, 2020.

1. jmontgomery

jmontgomery

I've been carrying a Kershaw Kuro for around 8 years now. It's a Speedsafe and looks very similar to yours. They're good quality for an inexpensive knife. Enjoy!

IMG_20200110_232022.jpg

sonoma likes this.
  2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Another Kershaw Knife Knut here...

I discovered Kershaw when I saw a Blur at a gun show and had to have it. Then it was off to KnifeCenter.com...

Today my wife and daughters each have a Blur - Some purple for the "reagle" ladies, red and black for others... Sons and son in laws are running Natrix... and I've recently picked up a BareKnuckle, followed by a Natrix XL for the Son In Law headed to Cop School.

I am a big Thumb stud guy - Use the thumb stud for silent deployment, and the speed-safe "flick" helps when you need to get it our fast...

All are absolute *razors* that sharpen up quickly and hold the edge decently.

The Benchmades and Microtechs are all lonely in the safe. The kids will get them one day... by then they should be *really* rare! :)

I am rather disappointed in the Bare Knuckle knife... finger placement matters on this knife, and it's rather awkward to say the least. Great looking knife, but quite temperamental for carry use. It just won't fire without perfect finger placement. The smaller Natrix and Natrix Large open every time, the BareKnuckle is just difficult!!!

One bummer knife in a sea of steel - I'll be keeping my eye on new offerings from Kershaw... You never know !!!

3. azbuckeye

azbuckeye

Kershaw offers good quality knives for the price. I have several Kershaw knives, including 2 or 3 US made models, my favorite being their Knockout. Their parent company KIA also offers the ZT line of knives....more expensive but great knives.

4. The Hawk

The Hawk

I have a few Kershaw knives. My EDC is a Kershaw. I am pleased with how they feel in my hand, how sharp they are right out of the box, the price, as well as how they look.

5. FLSlim

FLSlim

I have some rather expensive edc style knives, but carry a Kershaw. It is reasonably good quality, holds an edge, is designed to minimize the risk of your hand sliding up and onto the blade, and if I lose it I won't be upset like I would be if I lost a much more expensive folder.

bdcochran likes this.
  6. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Congrats on a fine knife. I have a Kershaw Chill and very pleased. My edc is now a Benchmade Mini Boost.

R9S19 likes this.
  7. bdcochran

bdcochran

What you said is worth repeating!
    To amplify your thoughts:
    1. we know what a safe queen might be. It is a tool that is so HEAVY or so EXPENSIVE it sits in a safe. The Dirty Harry gun with the 8 inch barrel would be cool to own. And, it would sit in a safe. You would not have it with you if you needed to use it.
    2. you want to choose the RIGHT TOOL for the right situation.

My step sons were not going to become policemen. They are desk jockys. If they had studied to be a cop, I would have given them Burs. Mine sit in the dedicated Kershaw box in the garage. They received engraved stainless 3655 knives in engraved sheaths. They did not receive the more functional Wave Leatherman tools for the offices. They received the basic model.

I bought Kershaw 1840s way before they became collector items. Two of them sit on a ledge under the computer. However, the 3655 has the same speed safe deployment and the same blade length. I picked up 4 more of the 3655 in the last year for about $22 each, delivered. You could buy 10 of them for the price of a USED 1840 or may be even more.

My ZT folders sit in the Kershaw box because they are too heavy for me to carry. A fixed blade ZT0170 sits on a shelf in the office.

When I go for a walk with the dog, I stop at the front door reach into the mail basket and pick up a modified 3655 and put it in my pocket for the duration of the walk. There are more than one modified Kershaw 3655 in the mail basket. If YOU don't have a tool on you because you only bought one unit and it is too difficult to go find where you put it, you will not have it on you when you need it.

The Al Mars/Benchmades/Ernie Emersons/most of the Spydercos are just too expensive to carry and lose before shtf - and no one has been mugged walking a dog in my neighborhood.

8. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I like Kershaw for everyday use. I have multiples of the Leek and Skyline. D6DF2C5A-CF61-428D-82FC-15B294DCDE53.jpeg 4BA6D9A7-278B-4EE7-BDB1-EBEEDD69AA8D.jpeg

Kentguy likes this.
  9. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13

[​IMG] love my natrix mini with copper scales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kentguy and Sharkey like this.
  10. jonb32248

jonb32248

My daughter got me a Kershaw knife for my birthday, it's the sharpest knife I've ever seen. Why? I have S&W, Buck, etc. non are as sharp new.

11. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13

Someone commented today on how that copper natrix I posted is the sharpest out of the box knife they’d ever come across

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Speleothem

Speleothem

I love my Kershaws. I bought at least a dozen of em on Amazon.

13. Kentguy

Kentguy

I like Kershaw knives for many of the reasons already stated. I have 9 of them... so far.
    • Burst #1970
    • Cryo #1555G10
    • Cryo II #1556TI
    • Epistle #2131
    • Frame Lock Scallion #1620FL
    • LoneRock Small Hunter Fixed Blade #1895
    • Oso Sweet #1830
    • RJ Tactical 3.0 #1987
    • Shield #3920
    Many different styles for many different uses, and none of them will break the bank to buy. I think my favorit - or at least the one I seem to reach for more often is the Cryo #1555G10. It is a good EDC knife.