First holster, CrossBreed SuperTuck

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Zatec, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Zatec

Zatec

After months of reading reviews on both OWB and IWB as well as looking through all the site sponsor links, I decided to go with the CrossBreed SuperTuck Horse hide with combat cut. It is awesome to have my 19 on my hip.:supergrin:

This is my first holster, I've been wearing for about 2 hours now and it feels strange. The first time doing anything will feel strange right?:whistling: I am wearing it an about 4 o'clock position. 5 and 3 o'clock feel about the same. Don't misunderstand me, it is very comfy even while sitting down. Its a keeper for sure! I have it squeezed into my regular sized jeans. So it is a bit tight and it has not disappeared as some had suggested....... It's all true other wise, as everyone had said it being well balanced, great retention, works great with out a belt, easy draw and re-holster. The combat cut gives me a little more room to curl my fingers under and behind the grip.

Do you think with a little break in time, upping the pant size will make it feel like nothing as others had describe??:dunno:

What leather conditioner do people use?

Please give me any and all input, except I will never give up this holster!!!!!

2. BK63

BK63

Since it's your first holster it's going to feel a bit strange until you get used to it. I have a lot of IWB holsters but my CB is the only one I use now. You may want to play with the positions as you can adjust it. I moved mine all around until I found where it was sitting in the right position and cant. You have to make it right for you. How high or low do you want it to sit and the angle so the handle of your gun isn't sticking out.

3. Zatec

Zatec

Thanks for the input. I will change the position up to find the sweet spot. I like the cant and height right out of the box, second hole from the bottom on both sides.

4. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

I don't own one but have heard many good reviews on GT, so I'll bet you just need to get used to it.

5. Jestur

Jestur

I would think saddlesoap or mink oil would help give the leather some flex.

6. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer CLM

Just wear it.. for a couple of days..

It's awesome.

Actually forms around you.. :cool:

7. Zatec

Zatec

Cool to hear, does the oil / conditioner go on both sides of the leather?

8. Jestur

Jestur

I think I would just try the outside to start with.

9. Zatec

Zatec

Quick update, different jeans and some leather conditioner makes a BIG difference.
    Its gone from comfy to OMG extremely comfy!!!!!!

10. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle

An inch or so bigger waistline will help lots and use a decent carry belt. Eventually the holster will break in and basically form to your body.

11. glockaviator

glockaviator

What is "combat cut"?

12. Zatec

Zatec

The combat cut has less material, so there is more room to fit your fingers around grip while holstered.

Here's the best example:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119829&highlight=cross+breed

13. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Love the supertuck, ordering a minituck for my PPS. I also carry with a Fist K2 High Ride OWB holster, when a belt and shorts with a polo untucked, it disappears. Love me some OWB high ride action, much more comfy than any IWB

14. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

You young guys won't want to hear this but many of us older guys have no problem with carry/no carry fit because we buy "comfort fit" slacks that have the hidden waist expander in them. They work wonderfully for those of us who carry IWB on occasion.

15. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

NEVER EVER DO THIS!

Just wear it as much as possible for a week, it will break in.

Using any softener on a holster will loosen the leather and the gun may fall out or at least not hold as tightly.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  16. jsjdjn

jsjdjn

+1

Loving mine! I have had it 2 weeks and it feels great. I wear it when ever i can and even have slept with it on. (Napped).

17. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

I use the horsehide supertuck with a G30 and absolutely love it. I've been wearing it daily for about 2 months and it is super comfortable. I wear at about 4:30-5:00 and it conceals well.

18. Zatec

Zatec

UPDATE:

I just wanted to give an update on the CB ST. It is all broken in and wears so nice, I forget its even there. Worn at about 3:30 position. What really helped was going up 1 inch on the waist for my jeans. 2 inches was too much and made the jeans too baggie.

2 thumbs up and YES I would buy it again.

19. VitruvianDoc

VitruvianDoc

I have one of these on order, been about a week. Currently I use a universal tauga IWB and its okay but upon draw is a pain. I can't wait for mine to arrive!

20. VAhunter1819

VAhunter1819

Thank you so much for the review. Im looking into the same holster and plan on purchasing one soon. Thanks again.