first gun 43x came scratched

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by airric, Sep 10, 2020.

1. OXMYX

OXMYX

Don't listen to "just shoot it"

You bought a used gun and the dealer is under severe penalty if he sold it as new.

Take it back and get a new one and call Glock meanwhile and tell them what happened. This time talk to the supervisor if the tech brushed you off

And I've shot my Glocks thousands of rounds and don't have any scratches

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Stuff breaks... no need for a second model needing a different holster, same trigger and grip, sights, etc...

There are lots of reasons. Hell, I have 9 K frame Smith and Wessons. Makes things easy.

ranger1968 likes this.

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Did you fire it or did it come dirty?

4. 30roundmusket

30roundmusket US Army Vet.

I have more than one kid too. I love them the same but I'm glad they're different.

5. glocklight

glocklight

I don't think you'd find too many who think Glock's were made to be pretty although some have made them notably more flashy. They were built to be R e l i a b l e. But if you want pretty like this expect to pay the big bucks but it still won't be any more reliable than a Glock. EdBrownSignature1911.jpg

Note - not my 1911 - pic from article on crazy expensive guns...

6. glocklight

glocklight

And just note that having a few chips and missing metal can really add to the value. Look at this gun which sold for $4.5 Million but at least it was a 2 for 1 sale. BigBang9-1024x682.jpg

But I suppose the fact it was made from a meteorite might have added some value too :rolleyes:

7. fg17

fg17

I don’t right now, but I see the appeal.

Commonality of parts and accessories
    One goes down at a competition
    One for carry and one for training or competition
    Homes/vacation property in other states that you fly to a lot
    Many reasons.

8. glocklight

glocklight

sorry double post

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  9. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

If he didn’t fire it, that’s a used Glock. Have you ever seen a NIB Glock that looked like that? I haven’t in 27 years. Look at the entire gun closely.

10. glocklight

glocklight

So if this was a used Glock the dealer would certainly be in trouble but just from what you said about shooting thousands of rounds without any scratches doesn't this sound more like a minor manufacturing ding? Maybe he should have it inspected for wear but it seems doubtful this was the result of heavy use. It actually looks quite clean other than a bit of black missing on top of the slide stop which isn't that unusual for a new Glock. Pic of my G19 that has only had one magazine through it and has never seen a holster shows some bare metal on the back of the slide stop. newG19.jpg

I would suggest to the OP that he make sure the serial number of the bottom front of the frame matches the number on the slide and the barrel. If it doesn't match then I'd suspect the pawn shop FFL swapped it out for a used one. Another serious offense if that is what happened.

11. glocklight

glocklight

Hmmm - well that's an extreme closeup picture which looks to me like I see some of the factory copper grease, some dust or maybe powder residue probably from the factory test fire (they still do that don't they?) and that one ding. It could be mostly lighting but there does look like some wear on the slide whereas the frame doesn't really seem to show any wear. I think the frame just shows reflections of bright lighting. I'd still like to hear from the OP if the slide serial # matches the frame serial as the slide is somewhat suspect in my opinion. My 43 slide:
    43slide.jpg

12. Bradd D

Bradd D

I always have two of any go to gun. Currently, I have two 17's and two 43X's. One stays loaded and the other does range duty. I shoot a good bit and it doesn't make sense to keep unloading, cleaning, and reloading after each range session. I swap them out every 1000 rounds.

Since these are my go to guns, I like redundancy in case of breakage, classes, or in the event that one gets confiscated after a shooting.

I have 1911's if I want to shoot something different. Buying other poly striker guns just doesn't make any sense to my mind as they're just Glocks in a different package.

13. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.