GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B380A2B4-F0B1-4CF5-ACF7-164D14572B5C.jpeg
C8B0E37C-CE12-4249-9B73-EF240114AEE6.jpeg
I received my new 43x a few days ago to find a very noticeable gouge in the slide where the release makes contact with it. This was after I brought it home of course. I asked Glock about it and they said it’s normal wear, but I don’t feel right about it, especially with it being new. Before you ask, I had it shipped from out of state and should have taken the time to inspect it at the pawn shop that did the transfer. Should I bother trying to get this fixed?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome to GT

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I wouldn’t be happy about that either, and it doesn’t look like normal wear to me.

I think you’re just gonna have to learn to love it. Maybe touch up the gouge so it looks prettier. It won’t effect anything, and I wouldn’t expect Glock to “fix” it. Kind of sucks.

Your first pistol came with character.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,103 Posts
View attachment 827304 View attachment 827302 I received my new 43x a few days ago to find a very noticeable gouge in the slide where the release makes contact with it. This was after I brought it home of course. I asked Glock about it and they said it’s normal wear, but I don’t feel right about it, especially with it being new. Before you ask, I had it shipped from out of state and should have taken the time to inspect it at the pawn shop that did the transfer. Should I bother trying to get this fixed?
If it bothers you, contact Glock and try to make the case that you find "Normal Wear" unacceptable because a new gun should not have any wear on it.

But in my opinion, tooling marks or blemishes on the inside of the gun do not detract from the looks of the gun and certainly don't effect function, and I think it would be unreasonable to insist that they either refinish the slide or give you a whole new gun because of such inconsequential Blemishes

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
That's not from the slide stop lever. I wouldn't worry about it.

Neither of my 43X's have that mark, by the way.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
27,046 Posts
Enjoy GT:welcome:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't take this wrong -- suck-it-up and shoot. If you want a wall-hanger piece then yes, pitch a fit.

Tinyman

·
Registered
231 Posts

I saw that as well....I was like “it’s not possible that the slide stop made that mark. It doesn’t even contact the slide there. Looks like a tooling mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Congrats on the 43x and welcome to GT. The scratch won't make a difference if you need to defend yourself or someone else. Shoot it and be safe.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Just think about all the scratches it will get when you use it for awhile. Just shoot it.

·
JAFO
4,310 Posts
Welcome to GT from southern Illinois.

·
US Army Vet.
53 Posts

why would you have more than one of the same model? I’ll never understand that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts