close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

first gssf shoot/indoor Cincy OH

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by seanpcif, Aug 27, 2004.

1. seanpcif

seanpcif

Plan on going to my first match in morning, but am worried about making a fool of myself.

I know I can hit the target at the closer ranges but when I get out to the 50 and 75 feet I tend to miss.

I just want to get the first match jitters out so I can learn what I need to practice on for the next time.

Should I go and not worry about missing or should I just wait until I can shoot better.

Are most people that show up real good shooters or just so so.?

Thanks for your advice.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Go, shoot and have a good time.;)

3. GJM89

GJM89

Shoot, have fun, and remember, walk before you run, take your time and squeeze the trigger.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

The jitters you're feeling is normal. We all have those fears at 75 feet. Cincy will be my third Indoor match and I think of the same things. Just get your sight, aim and fire. You'll know what you need to practice on after you do it, but just go and enjoy the competition. You will find out real quickly that you're not the only one with these feelings. I shot in Cincy this morning, and yes, I had a few "flyers" but I had fun and you will to. Go there and talk to the other coompetitors and the RO. He was really good and he'll lead you through the timed sequences. He'll also tell you how much time each sequence is and how many seconds you actually used. He really helped me.

Good Luck and enjoy the day.;a ;a

5. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

This was my first Glock shoot of any kind. Shot my 22 and 34. I was jittery about this being my first match. Actually shot better than I expected. Had my fair share of flyers too. Great people running the match at Target World. They answered all of my questions, and were very helpful. Will definitely be back next month.

6. seanpcif

seanpcif

Glad I went.
    Explained to the RO that this was first match and he really helped by talking me thru each stage. (Shot a 374)

They even talked my wife into shooting, she has never shot a glock before and she can't wait to practice with "OUR" gun. (funny how that changed so quick)

Will be back next month, hopefully improved.

7. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hope you and your wife attend an outdoor match as well ...keep in mind that October 30 and 31st there will be a Gssf match at Lexington (Wilmore). ;f