Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, FNG here. I am a long time gun owner and shooter, I have now decided to buy my first Glock. I own revolvers, 1911's, CZ's, Colt semi's and a Keltec PF9. The Keltec being an unreliable POS, I have decided to go with a proven reliable, lightweight shooter for concealed carry. I have a great interest in the G26 and now am looking for a used one to purchase. Are there any known problems with the G26 I should look for when buying a used gun? What is considered a decent price for a used one? Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Another :welcome: and congrats.

The Glock 26 is an excellent weapon... personally, I buy NIB Glock's, but have seen some very good used Glock's (never when I had the money). I would just look for wear, otherwise Glock's are very reliable gun and they are hard to break (not impossible).

·
NRA Life Member
373 Posts
:welcome: to GT! I have two G26's (one black, one OD shade), so naturally I think you've made a great choice.

·
Pro Agitator
541 Posts
Yes the glock 26 will do you fine, close to $400. little more if it's got sme extra's.
I'll throw in that the 19 is not much larger then the 26.

·
Registered
440 Posts
proud owner of a 19 and 26. Just recently purchased my 26 and I love it! I think its easier to cc than the 19.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the nice welcome gents. Now I really am a Glock noob, what is the difference between the different generations of the G26. I'm so intent on buying a 26, I already bought a nice Don Hume holster and belt. I'll give the used gun search a month and if nothing comes up I'll call Bud's. They want $547 w/night sights, or should I buy with regular sights and go with after market sights? My winter carry gun is a Kimber Ultra CDP II, so the Glock would only be for summer concealed carry. Mike

·
Registered
344 Posts
I vote a G27 (.40) and a drop in barrel to shoot 9mm at the range. IMO the G27 is the best small (not pocket) carry gun you could get.

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
Hi everyone, FNG here. I am a long time gun owner and shooter, I have now decided to buy my first Glock. I own revolvers, 1911's, CZ's, Colt semi's and a Keltec PF9. The Keltec being an unreliable POS, I have decided to go with a proven reliable, lightweight shooter for concealed carry. I have a great interest in the G26 and now am looking for a used one to purchase. Are there any known problems with the G26 I should look for when buying a used gun? What is considered a decent price for a used one? Mike
Only known problem with a "first" Glock is that they make you want more of them! lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Only known problem with a "first" Glock is that they make you want more of them! lol

I concur with that statement. When you pick up the first one, you should have in your mind what your next one will be!

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
True statement. Had a Glock 19, a 1911, and a sig sauer when I began at 21. Now as far as handguns 6 years later I own a 26 and a 21SF with a 34 on order and I would buy every model if I had the dough.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great, just what I need, a gun that multiplies. I'm trying stay under three guns a year. The barrel swap sounds interesting, but I have one carry ammo for my 45's and 2 for my 9's. I don't want to stock a third. Mike

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Welcome aboard :welcome:

G26 is a great choice, pick up my new G17 this week, and in a couple of weeks I will be getting a G26.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
192 Posts
the only difference I know on the generations for most glocks is the finger grooves of the newer ones and the rails on the bigger models. Our chief just picked up a .40 version of that size and loves it...

·
Registered
641 Posts
The thing with pretty well all Glocks, there are very few to no issues. Sure, rare things here and there, but nothing specific to look for. Unlike other mfgs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts