Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first Glock today. A police trade in Gen 2 G22. My neighbor bought it from a local shop and his wife Freaked, so I got it from him for $280 with three 15 rd mags. Haven't shot it yet due to the massive ice storm that hit last night, but it sure feels good!! Lots of holster wear, but the trigger feels amazingly crisp and smooth. Anything a new Glock owner should look at with a used gun of unknown round count? Pics to come when I remember where the heck I put my camera after vacation!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my first Glock today. A police trade in Gen 2 G22. My neighbor bought it from a local shop and his wife Freaked, so I got it from him for $280 with three 15 rd mags. Haven't shot it yet due to the massive ice storm that hit last night, but it sure feels good!! Lots of holster wear, but the trigger feels amazingly crisp and smooth. Anything a new Glock owner should look at with a used gun of unknown round count? Pics to come when I remember where the heck I put my camera after vacation!
Wow. What a price!! Congratulations! Just got my first Glock (19) too.

Did the guys wife freak because it was a gun or was it something else?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Your neighbor needs to learn how to hide his spending habits from his wife. But in the end, you lucked out. Great price! Congrats!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sometimes when my dad gets a gun my mom doesn't know about, dad will ask me to "give" it to him in front of her. On one occasion I convinced my mom that the gun was really great, and she insisted that my dad give me at least $100 for it. I'll never forget (or stop laughing at) the look on his face. (I didn't keep the $100, but I did let him sweat a bit.) :)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Congrats and thats a good price. Poor friend having to deal with an angry/prego wife not a good combo.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
She freaked because she is pregnant and he spent money on something Non baby related.
That's where she is confused... That Glock is indeed baby related, it is going to protect the baby's life.....I would NEVER allow that to happen, that's nuts.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
It sounds like there are 2 kittys your buddies household...one that wears the pants and one that minds mommy. Great deal for you though.... congratulations.

Keep on Glockin'

·
Gen4 G19 Owner
58 Posts
Interesting.

A friend of mine recently passed on some sage advice:

When your wife is pregnant, buy something you want, let her buy something she wants. Something very nice, possibly expensive, that you want. And/or go on a spontaneous vacation. It won't be easy to do such things very soon, and the little you spent will remind you of when you had more free time and expendable income - a "last hurrah" in a way, only because soon enough it will be all about the baby.

Personally, I just bought a Glock 19 because I want to protect my family, my wife is fine with this idea. I also recently bought a K98 German Mauser and my wife was okay, too. She's a keeper :)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sometimes when my dad gets a gun my mom doesn't know about, dad will ask me to "give" it to him in front of her. On one occasion I convinced my mom that the gun was really great, and she insisted that my dad give me at least $100 for it. I'll never forget (or stop laughing at) the look on his face. (I didn't keep the $100, but I did let him sweat a bit.) :)
:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats!!!:wavey:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Got my pregnant wife a snubbie when she was pregnant, and I was being deployed (Desert Shield/Storm). She appreciated my goodbye gift.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts