First GLOCK Recomendation

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PythonLeon, Apr 5, 2012.

1. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

Hey folks. Got a bit of a question for you guys. First, a little background info. My usual carry setup is a Kimber Pro CDP, two 8-round Kimber Tac-Mags, not including the one in the weapon, and a 4-inch Colt Python. I love both of them and have ZERO intentions of replacing them.

Alas, I find myself on the market for a different setup. Normally, I carry open. In my neck of Colorado, it's allowed. However, the police where much of my family resides doesn't take to kindly to that, so I find myself looking for a different setup, and I was wondering which GLOCKS I should be looking at to make fit replacements for my current setup, when I can't OC.

2. 8th ID

8th ID

IF you're wanting to stay with the .45--G36.

If you want to go with 9mm-G26 or G19.

.40-G27 or g23.

3. Stover918

Stover918

I conceal carry and open carry a glock 20c. (10mm) I have no trouble doing either. It holds 15 in the mag. It depends what you want. Try them all out at the gun shop. No matter what you can't go wrong. Stay safe.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me

4. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

It really depends on how much you're willing to dress around the gun. I am 6' and 155lbs and I daily carried a Raging Bull for half a year. The only reason I moved away from full-sized guns at all was because I now ride a bike a lot and it is too difficult to conceal a large handgun in a comfortable way while hunched over.

But for my first few years of concealed carrying, it was all full-sized guns with 5" barrels or longer. When I wasn't appendix-carrying under a shirt (which are all size small, btw), I carried at 4:00, grip-forward, under a jacket or vest.

So, long story short, depending on your dress code and such, it might be difficult to conceal a subcompact, or you could carry a full-sized .45 G21 like it wasn't there. Not to be assumptive, but I imagine someone who open-carries two full-sized guns with reloads isn't too concerned with being fashion-forward. Thus, I don't imagine you would have any trouble concealing even a full-sized gun.

Really, unless you are just looking for a new gun, why not try to CC your Kimber in a few different positions to see how it works out? That way you will get a better feel before going out and buying a $500+ gun that may or may not be what you really need or want.

5. barth

barth

Since you have a 45 one of Glocks 45s would seem like a good place to start.

I'd rent some sub compacts and see what you favor.
    G30, G30SF and G36?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

Well, that's just the thing. I'm barely 5'8", a little over 130 pounds, and pretty far on the lean side. The family in question lives down south, limiting what I can wear. The major problem is the weight. I can go IWB, but not with several pounds of Colt and Kimber.

7. larson1122

larson1122

I typically carry a G26. Its an awesome little gun and can be concealed very easily. A G19 would be another great option if you want the full 3 finger grip.

8. Restless28

Restless28

Why do you carry a Python and a Colt? Do you live in Zombieland or sumthin'?

9. truetopath

truetopath

My EDC is a G27 IWB. I like the .40 and it's very easy to conceal. That's my 2 cents.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

A Glock 26 might work well for concealment for you. And several here report shooting it better than bigger Glock versions.

11. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

Naw, I just enjoy being ready. ;)

12. xidica

xidica

Try the g26, in my opinion.

13. Restless28

Restless28

I want to see that belt and holster setup.

14. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

I think it's worth mentioning a little more towards what I'm looking for.

In my time with the Marines, especially in Recon, I've seen plenty of times what a big ol' .45 can do to a man, even with military ball rounds. When I was very young, my father saved me and my sister's life with the very same Python I carry today, when we came across an upset bear on a hiking trip.

So, if possible, I'd like to stay as close to my current setup I can, in terms of ballistics. I dunno if GLOCK makes a gun in .357 SIG... But I suppose that's why I'm asking you guys! xD

15. larson1122

larson1122

They have three versions in .357 SIG, the G31, G32, and G33 depending on what size you want. If you want to stay with the .45 there is a full size G21 or a smaller version in the G30.

16. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

Okay, thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I'm heading to the range now to try out the G21 and G33. I'll get back to you guys either when I get back or tomorrow with the results and any more questions that I have.

17. barth

barth

The baby Glocks are some of the easiest to conceal and most popular
    (G26-9mm, G27-40 and G33-357 Sig).
    I believe they all three share the same frame.

The kicker is the G27/G33 guns can run all three calibers with
    a simple barrel and mag change.

I have a gen 3 G27 and do just that.
    Plus, of my seven handguns, the G27 is my favorite CC weapon.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  18. Restless28

Restless28

I call Bravo Sierra.

19. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

BS for what? Giving my background on a near anonymous Internet forum? What do I have to gain?

You can call BS if you wanna. I dont need you to believe me. But your reasons, if you have any, are completely unsat.

20. Restless28

Restless28

Marine Recon, open carrying a high end 1911 with extra mags and a Colt Python.

Riggghhhttt.