close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Glock Pistol

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Guest

I have always owned revolvers, and I just purchased my first pistol, a Glock 22, 40 S&W. I shot it at the range today for the first time and found that it was not that accurate. In fact, I was all over the target. Is it the recoil or what?. Any help would be appreciated. I think I might have been better off buying the 9MM?

Frustrated buyer.

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Exotic,

I've never shot a Glock that wouldn't put ever shot inside of a quarter at 10 yards if I could hold still enough and squeeze the shot off correctly. You're probably struggling with the odd Glock trigger. Try some dry fire drills. Practice squeezing the trigger slowly with no flinching or muzzle wiggle when the striker falls. Next time at the range, mix some live and dummy rounds randomly in your magazine. Do the same drill.

The G22 is plenty accurate if you do your part, but it's no single action crisp pull. Best of luck!

Koski

3. vinnier6

vinnier6

keep shooting it, autos are soo different than wheel guns...

4. Guest

I had the same thing with my 23. Dry fire and lots of practice helps ALOT. Good luck and dont give up. It will come.;a

5. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

I experienced a similar issue when I went to the range with my 23 for the first time. My previous gun had been a Glock 19, so I wasn't making as big a jump as you are. Over the next couple of trips I found my accuracy improved so I attributed it to user error as I can now shoot it just as well as my 19.