Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i experienced my first "jam" with my g26 in approx 3000 rounds. The first "jam" in 150 rounds through my LWD extended + ported barrel. To be exact it was a failure to extract the fired round. I dont have any modifications to the gun whatsoever besides the barrel, and I was using the standard 10 round mag with a GAP enterprise "+0" pinky grip." I'm not sure if the FTE was due to the barrel which is what I'm assuming because its never happend before with the stock barrel. I was using factory fresh UMC 115gr fmj ammo which I have shot before and never had a problem with.

Maybe I'm wrong and it would've happened with the stock barrel as well, but to be on the safe side...The LWD barrel will only see rangetime or when messing around in the woods... for self defense/carry/home defense/ whatever... THE STOCK BARREL WILL STAY IN!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
I understand people like to tinker with there GLOCKS, but I have rarely seen a GLOCK JAM thread with a stock GLOCK!!!!!:whistling::whistling:

Good move sik....:wavey:

·
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you think it was attributed to the barrel? could it possibly be the ammo? bad load lol (does that even make sense)?

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
remember that the after market barrels are a tighter fit for the rounds, so that was most likely what happened.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is a good thing for accuracy - bad thing for reliability. This is why Glock chambers have slightly looser tolerances than others and why there is such a thriving aftermarket for match grade barrels.

The tighter tolerance will provide greater accuracy, but it also means that the spent casing has a tighter fit. This means that the extractor has to work extra hard to pull that spent casing out of the chamber.

Glocks have looser tolerances to ensure reliability.

I am curious whether your Glock has the OEM extractor or the LCI extractor. Is the LCI extractor any beefier, or does it provide a more solid lock on the casing?

·
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a good thing for accuracy - bad thing for reliability. This is why Glock chambers have slightly looser tolerances than others and why there is such a thriving aftermarket for match grade barrels.

The tighter tolerance will provide greater accuracy, but it also means that the spent casing has a tighter fit. This means that the extractor has to work extra hard to pull that spent casing out of the chamber.

I am curious whether your Glock has the OEM extractor or the LCI extractor. Is the LCI extractor any beefier, or does it provide a more solid lock on the casing?
Thanks, helped to understand completely. BTW, extractor is OEM. In addition, I am more accurate with the stock barrel which makes me feel a little bit better with my decision to put the Lone Wolf barrel aside for range use only. Too bad though because the barrel looks downright mean... :dunno:

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts

He summed it up perfectly, sorry I did not further elaborate.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
give her a blue glock training gun, see if it doesn't calm her down and put a smile on her face. :supergrin:
Mommy just got home in time to save the day.

Soon to come, I'm debating if I should try to get a G26 or G19 from the month she was born and save it for her.:supergrin:

·
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mommy just got home in time to save the day.

Soon to come, I'm debating if I should try to get a G26 or G19 from the month she was born and save it for her.:supergrin:
sounds like a whole 'nother thread to me!:supergrin:

(not that i dont want you to hijack the thread, but so you can get more replies)

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
sounds like a whole 'nother thread to me!:supergrin:

(not that i dont want you to hijack the thread, but so you can get more replies)

Good Idea my bad, not trying to hijack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts