close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Glock in 05'

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KevlarCondom, Jan 10, 2005.

1. KevlarCondom

KevlarCondom Mui Peligroso

Will be a 29 for me! I ordered it from Top Glock, hopefully it will get here this week. A few qestions for you: What # Wolff recoil spring would be best for heavy loads? I ordered a 23, too heavy or O.K.? Now that Top Glock has my FFL's info, I can just order what I want and head down to pick it up. No faxes, nothing to mail etc. This is almost too easy, I'm going to end up in the poor house but at least I'll be armed. Also, what kind of velocity loss do you get with the 29 vs. the 20? Do the lighter or heavier bullet's lose more velocity on average? Anyone here use a custom length barrel in their's? I was thinking about getting an aftermarket cut at 4" even. Maybe get a few more FPE? I'm a junkie, I know. BTW, my last Glock in 04' was another 20. Good shooting.

2. saspic

saspic Howdy Y'all! CLM

Wow, what a lot of questions!
    22# seems to be the preferred all around weight for most 10mm pistols. 23# should be okay if you're looking at shooting all hot loads (like me).
    Velocity loss for a G29 versus a G20 is almost universally 60fps.
    From what I understand, lighter loads lose more fps, but from a 4.6 inch G20 barrel to a 3.8 inch G29 barrel, it usually hovers around 60fps.
    I'm using only stock length barrels (but I have a 6" Witness 10mm on the way!).
    :)

3. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Hey Kevlar, congrats on the 29. Nice gun....

I just so happen to have a almost brand new Glock 29 KKM barrel, .5" over stock length, so total length is 4.2". I have only about 50 rounds through it. Its a great barrel and very accurate, but I sold my Glock and now I don't have a 29 to put my barrel in!

I would be willing to sell it if you're in the market for one of these babies....

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Nick

4. KevlarCondom

KevlarCondom Mui Peligroso

Sounds good. I'll p.m. you about the barrel. Also, Wolff called today and said the heaviest spring they make for the 29 now is #21. I said it'll be fine. The lady who works at Wolff is always super nice. I've spent over the price of a new Glock there over the years but I won't shoot my guns without them if I can help it.