Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this is my first post and first gun!

I recently purchased the G23 (RTF2), and absolutely love it. I've put about 200 rounds through it so far and have zero regrets about my purchase!

I went from a 7" group (10 yards) to a 4" group at the end of my 200 round session. My buddy (who has years of experience) helped me with my grip and sight picture.

However, he has never owned any sort of compact (his main sidearm is a USP 45 Tactical). I feel as if my grip could be optimized (due to my hands being larger than the available surface area on the grip), anyone have any advice or pictures of proper grip.

Once again, very happy to be part of the community!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good article. Learned a couple of things.

The issue is not so much general hand position, but rather compact firearm grip.

I can't fit ALL of my hand surface over the limited grip surface.

I'm looking for some tips on maximizing the amount of contact I have with the small grip (weak hand included).

Do I posture my strong hand in a strong position and allow less weak hand coverage? Or do I shift my thumb up a bit (a SLIGHTLY weaker grip) to allow more of my weak hand to contact the sidearm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. Yes I have seen it before but it's been a while.

He hits this issue directly.

Right hand (strong) thumb placed higher (weaker grip) to allow more support hand contact.

Thanks!

I can't wait to go shoot my 23 and try this! I have absolutely fallen in love with this gun! I guess that's because it's my first love/gun?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts