close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Glock.. G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pearl Mussin, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Pearl Mussin

Pearl Mussin

Well I took home my first Glock tonight:banana: I went for the G19, I have shot them in the past and loved them, I finally have my own! Just got done reading the manual and taking the slide apart from the frame. I know it says to leave the copper lube on the gun but do I nned to add more lube (oil) to the rails before I shoot it? Just wondering.. I cant wait to go to the range with this bad-boy!!;)

Jeremy

2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Congrats on the G19! FWIW, I give my Glocks a good cleaning before I shoot them the first time. I don't make it a point to remove the copper lube, but that usually happens when I clean it. Anyway, if you decide to clean it before shooting the first time, then I'd add a little oil per the manual.

3. Duke of Lawnchair

Duke of Lawnchair

Congratulations.

The G19 is one of the best 9mms, EVER (in my opinion).

As far as cleaning my Glocks (when new) all I did was run a brush down the barrel and patch it out with some MPro7 or CLP. I've left the copper goo in there for the first couple hundred rounds or so. There was no scientific reason why I left the goo in for the first few hundred rounds.

4. Defiance

Defiance

+1

Patch down the barrel with solvent a couple times, and if needed - oil drop on the barrel, lugs, inside of slide per manual, and connector/trigger contact point.

I leave the goo, too.

5. Sweater

Sweater

6. Estela216

Estela216

Congrats! I just finished hooking up my G19 for summer carry and am just waiting for my blade-tech holster to come in the mail. You will love to carry it and shoot it!

Kev